4 months ago
Siemens Building Technologies in Frimley are currently searching for a
Security Design Engineer to join their busy and growing team.
As the Security Design Engineer you will be responsible for carrying out project specific
designs, ensuring that a comprehensive specification is delivered for the preparation of
pricing, schedule and design deliverables. Implement the approval process with
the Verification Engineer.
You will also be
required to ensure a full understanding of the requirement specifications to
ensure that designs are fully compliant. You will have a strong working
knowledge of the client procedure documents referred to in the contract and
relative to the design process, ensuring that these requirements are incorporated
fully into all designs.
contract administration process with guidance from the Project Manager to
ensure that technical queries and RFI processes are implemented on a timely
basis and that all responses are dealt with accordingly.
future with us.
Design Engineer will be required to:
* Develop designs to meet the requirement of the project specification
and in accordance with the contract.
* Ensure full implementation of the Clients Quality Assurance and Audit
procedure throughout all sectional phases of the project.
* Oversee subcontract and supplier design submissions to ensure full
compliance with the contract specification and requirements.
* Develop system architecture schematics and a detailed design specifying
the equipment and materials to be utilised within the solution and to meet the
client’s operational requirements.
* Produce and agree with the client a comprehensive cause and effect
* Create technical brief and requirement for each discipline for procurement
and contractual agreement.
* Provide technical input to enable all system and layout drawings to be
produced by the project CAD Engineer.
* Lead the design approval process and take ownership of client
technical agreement and sign off.
* Implement tools and procedures that ensure compliance with detailed
document control processes.
* Identify, Manage and control change
* Take the Lead Technical role throughout the detailed design phase.
* Lead design process meetings both internally and externally taking responsibility
to document and record output and actions.
* Implement demonstrable value engineering and continuous improvement
* Provide the lead role in responding to technical audits
* Be responsible for the design throughout the life of the project from
the initial enquiry to handover / acceptance.
need to make real what matters.
* Proven ability relating to the design of large, multi-discipline,
integrated security systems.
* Ability to interpret client’s technical documentation and develop functional
specifications for the overall solution.
* Proven ability to professionally document, illustrate and present
detailed security system design specifications.
* Good organisational skills, Experience of working within operations
teams, able to plan ahead and communicate well with the team, Suppliers and
* Demonstrable ability to oversee supplier design activities, verify and
integrate design information from external sources.
* Ability to communicate effectively with Technical and non-technical
* Ability to interpret a performance based specification, to develop to
a working design
* Experience of working within an operations team with proven people
skills; able to communicate at all levels.
* Networks – Minimum CISCO CCNA accreditation and/or relevant experience
* CCTV – Diploma level qualification in relevant field and/or relevant
* Electrical – Diploma level in Electrical related subject or equivalent
and/or relevant experience.
* Up-to-date with the latest industry regulation
on wiring and the safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems (C&G 2382)
Want to learn more, watch this video!
Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the
future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK
and Ireland, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today
and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future
excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our
people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what
are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure
you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to
help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as
soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an
annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we
operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package
to suit you.
all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we
recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create
what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our
business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and
welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace
adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 85020
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time