3 months ago
REQ ID: 51744
JOB TITLE: Security Architect
SALARY: £50,000 - £60,000
POSTING END DATE: 31/01/2021
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We’re already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We’re doing more than dream, we’re creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This role sits within the Architecture and Consultancy pillar in the Information and Cyber Security team (ICS), and the individual will be expected to contributes to the design, build, test, and implementation of core security capabilities within JLR’s IT systems, under the guidance of a lead security architect. The role will also involve assessing other business led IT projects for information security risks and providing guidance & support to reduce such risks. The role represents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to progress on to a Lead Security Architect in the future.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
* Support the development and maintenance of Information Security policies and procedures and conduct Information Security related audits
* Identify information security risks and proactively work to ensure that Information risk are identified, assessed and mitigated across the business
* Maintain the information security risk register and ensure all risks have been identified and documented.
* Work closely with the wider Information Technology Management community to provide information security advice ensure that the appropriate technologies in place to protect the information of the business
* Act as a point of escalation for any information security alerts or issues which has been raised by other departments, or potentially from monitoring systems
* Identify information security threats and vulnerabilities, assess information security risks and advise the relevant team on appropriate methods and security configurations to protect and prevent impact to business systems
* Monitor trends in information security and incorporate into security designs as appropriate
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
* Previous experience and background in Information Security or closely related area
* Knowledge of information security principles and best practices and experience in managing information security risk
* Understanding and experience of IT security controls
* Ability to present to all levels including senior stakeholders to raise awareness of Information Security
* Implementation of security training and awareness programmes to staff
* Strong IT skills, able to analyse data for reporting purposes and follow work instruction
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Significant experience of working and influencing cross-functionally and managing external agencies
* Advanced IT security certifications such as CISSP.
* Experience in manufacturing Industries
* Experience in IoT technologies
* Experience in managing security across a wide range of Operating systems
* Agile code development toolsets
* Specialist skillsets in Network Security
* Specialist skillset in Cloud security
* Specialist security skillset in Collaborative tools / email
* Specialist security skillset in Application development and code implementation
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan, private medical cover and performance related bonus scheme. As a manager, you’ll also be able to select one of our luxury premium vehicles to lease at a fraction of the cost. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey. Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
Jaguar Land Rover has long pushed the boundaries of technology. Now digital innovation lies at the heart of our business – because it is central to our future strategy. We are focused on the development of electric, connected and driverless cars that will reshape the whole industry. Joining us is your chance to help redefine who we are and where we’re going.
>FIND OUT MORE
Find out more about working here in our JLR Life Blog:
>FIND OUT MORE
We look after our employees by offering a host of benefits and investing in their talent through award-winning training.
>FIND OUT MORE
Can't find a suitable opportunity or interested in other options with our Suppliers and Partners?
>FIND OUT MORE
Architecture, Developer, Application Developer, Information Security, Engineering, Technology, Automotive