3 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This is a great opportunity for a security engineering expert looking to make an impact on a wide range of topics in the company that enables the digital world.
In this role you collaborate with our global engineering teams and can work on topics like security reviews, code reviews, architecture definition for security features, research into security related topics, and more.
You join a small team of highly motivated Security Architects. You will be responsible for writing specifications, analysing and reviewing the security stance of product design and implementation, with focus on firmware for embedded solutions for the many IoT markets.
Your daily tasks consist of:
• Employing security engineering know-how and providing guidance on secure design and coding to engineering and marketing teams.
• Reviewing the secure design of software, firmware and hardware products.
• Carrying out source code reviews of firmware and software, to detect security flaws.
• Deployment and operation of static code analysis tools and of fuzzing tools, to detect security implementation flaws.
This is a great role for you if you have significant security engineering experience in either a semiconductor or an internet industry.
You also have:
• expert C programming skills
• very strong documenting skills
• vast experience with either embedded platforms or internet service platforms
• very strong knowhow of security engineering practices
It would be an advantage if you
• have worked with static code analysis tools
• are familiar with fuzzing tools
• have experience in carrying out security code reviews
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
ARM is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviours as part of the application process:
•Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
•Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
•Actively seeks out and encourages alternative viewpoints and ideas
•Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
•Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
•Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
•Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
•Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
•Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
•Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
•Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
•Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for ARM and our customers
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps