3 months ago
Job Title:Planner C631
Relocation Authorised: None
Location: London, UK
Position Closing Date: Open until Filled
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Pending notice to proceed, Bechtel is tentatively looking for a Planner who will be responsible for managing the Programme planning function within the Stations, Portals and Shafts within delivery, including plans and schedules as well as the coordination and appropriate deployment of capabilities of planning staff. Also responsible for the identification and management of interfaces with other areas, Industry Partners and Crossrail Programme functions.
Dimensions & Interfaces
There are no direct budgetary or resource management responsibilities associated with this role.
* Key interfaces include:
* Cost Engineers
* Risk Managers
* Contract Administrators
* Head of Planning
* Planning Analyst (Reporting & Performance)
* Planning Database Administrator
* Business Managers
* Crossrail's Project Managers,
* Project Planning Engineers
* Industry Partners
Main challenges of the job
* To actively support Crossrail initiatives and processes to achieve the highest standards of planning and scheduling collaboration across the entire Crossrail Programme.
* To effectively manage planning resources to efficiently deliver the planning and scheduling data analysis to support the successful management of the programme
* To work with stakeholders to ensure that planning and scheduling tools and process provide a dynamic response to the programme's management needs.
* To work in a collaborative manner with the Head of Planning to ensure that respective component parts of the MOHS properly reflects the scope of work to be delivered.
* To work in a collaborative manner with the Head of Planning to ensure that the linkages and dependencies between the component parts of the MOHS are accurately reflected in the plan
1. Managing, updating and maintaining Crossrail Integrated Level 1 Schedule and Interface Schedule
2. Monitoring and communicating, to stakeholders, any key schedule issues, risks and opportunities including testing and commissioning and handover activities.
3. Direct and ensure appropriate deployment of planning resources for effective development, integration, quality and reporting of programme plans and schedules as well as adherence to processes.
4. Actively support initiatives to deliver the highest levels of planning and scheduling collaboration to enable comprehensive identification of interface requirements.
5. Monitor and ensure planning and scheduling standards and processes are adhered to enable the timely and regular transfer of accurate and coherent information into the relevant schedules and performance reports.
6. Provide strategic planning and project management support to the team as required and proactively work with the project delivery teams to encourage project management leading practice. Also strategically promote the use of developed schedule related strategies, tools and associated projects.
7. Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
8. Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
9. Act as a role model for Crossrail’s vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail’s Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
10. Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
11. Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail’s information or information systems at risk.
* Educated to at least degree level, or equivalent training and experience.
* Experience of working on schedule development and reporting on a major infrastructure programme.
* Experience of schedule development in Primavera Project Manager P6.
* Experience of implementing earned value techniques.
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
* Minimum 13 years professional experience in project controls with emphasis on cost and project estimating. In lieu of degree, 19 years of related work experience required.
* Right to work in the UK without company sponsorship
* A good working knowledge of the UK railway industry
* Proven relevant experience in a railway environment desirable
* Previous Bechtel Experience preferable
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.