6 months ago
We are seeking an experienced Section Engineer to join our team working at Hinkley Point, one of the largest civil engineering projects in Europe.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the technical engineering delivery and site coordination of a section of the project works. They will be required to take ownership of the health, safety and environmental, quality, programme and commercial management of the sections of the project.
* Organise setting-out resource and allocate engineering resources to project.
* Provide engineering expertise and support to the project team.
* Provide effective supervision and guidance to less experienced engineering staff. Mentor Site Engineers to develop into future Section Engineer role.
* Ensure work is executed in a safe manner, meeting legal guidelines set out in health, safety and environmental compliance.
* Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with company procedures are remedied.
* Maintain good working relations with the Client, the design team and the supply chain.
* Communicate with foreman and gangers to ensure full understanding of the works.
* Prepare four weekly programmes in conjunction with the section foreman, coordinated with overall site programme and ensure necessary resources available with sub agent/agent.
* Check engineering drawings/specifications, identifying and resolving design conflicts in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
* Produce method statements, inspection and test plans, and risk assessments.
* Develop commercial awareness and relationship with commercial staff to understand scope of works, tendered outputs and variations.
* Ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with specification.
* Liaise and attend regular meetings with the Site Agent/Project Manager to update on progress of works.
* Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise at any time.
* Comply fully with Company’s Business Management System (BMS).
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent (BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering is desirable).
* Experience of working within the civil engineering industry for a main contractor (essential).
* Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and consistently deliver safe and efficient projects on time.
* Flexibility and adaptability required to work anywhere geographically in the region.
* Excellent team player
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to use initiative
* Strong attention to detail
* Full UK driving licence
* Valid CSCS card
Dawnus is an Equal Opportunities Employer