6 months ago
Job number: UK15882
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, South West, Bristol
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Section Engineer to join our Major Projects team to work in Bristol.
To control a section of the works, according to a specific discipline. Management of a team of Site Engineers within same discipline.
What you'll be doing
You will have the following accountabilities:
* Produces Method Statements and Risk Assessments and undertakes periodic reviews;
* Review and assist in the development of Sub-Contractor Method Statements and Risk Assessments for offshore works;
* Prepares and raises Temporary Works Briefs, following up to ensure timely implementation;
* Carries out Visitors Induction;
* Completes Accident Book and associated reports as required. Able to undertake incident investigations to required standard;
* Undertakes and mentors less experienced staff in safety audits;
* Competent in operating and monitoring Real-Time Kinematic (RTK) survey systems;
* Carry out setting out;
* Review designs of permanent and temporary works;
* Planning and coordination of marine works;
* Technical interface with project Suppliers, Contractors and Client.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately. Suggests improvements to systems;
* Experience of working in marine construction or offshore environments;
* Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity;
* Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights and offshore rotation;
* Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility;
* Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card. SSSTS or SMSTS qualified;
* Must be a strong team player, with developed communication skills;
* Understands Permit System and actively raises Permits to Work;
* Is able to identify potential hazards and is proactive in implementing actions and controls;
* Good level of Environmental Awareness.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.