about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Section Engineer to join our Infrastructure team on-site in Victoria Road to work on our HS2 Enabling Works.
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK’s new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK’s 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services.
Costain Skanska Joint Venture (CSJV) are delivering the Enabling Works Contract (EWC) programme of works for HS2, across the Southern area, to make way for the main civil and station build contracts. The scope of the EWC South includes demolition, utilities diversions, highways, archaeology, and ecology works over 4-6 years, with an estimated final value in excess of £500m. You will be directly involved in the delivery of the programme of c150 individual projects and will help contribute to skills and employment in the local community, leaving a positive legacy.
You’ll have a broad range of responsibilities:
Report to the Sub-Agent or Agent and take responsibility for delivering a section of work
* Manage site engineers to ensure that the correct information is available on site to allow the works to progress to program
* Produce relevant method statements and quality inspection plans in good time to allow the works to progress to program
* Proactively manage health and safety to continuously improve safety on site
* Procure plant and materials as required
* Manage sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure the required performance is achieved, with support from Sub-Agent
* Support the Work Package Manager in the preparation of Work Package Plan by providing constructability, programme, risk mitigation, environmental, sub-contractor management and commercial inputs.
* Liaise and manage interface with Network Rail along with implementation of Safe Systems of Work procedures.
* Prepare work package plan and task briefing sheets for works on Network Rail infrastructure.
* Support the Work Package Manager in the procurement of sub-contractors for Demolition, P-way, Civil, Utilities, HV cabling and Gantry crane decommissioning packages.
* Support the Work Package Manager in establishing Site compound, Security, Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental management systems.
* Supervise and co-ordinate temporary works as required to suit the construction sequence
* Supervise and co-ordinate activities of sub-contractors on site along with compliance to construction phase Health and Safety plan and CDM 2015 regulations
* Prepare and implement a regime of inspection and test plans on site for all works
We’re looking for:
* Previous experience in construction, experience as a Section Engineer on a civils project
* A strong work ethic and an enthusiasm to learn and develop
* An awareness of the technical and commercial issues relevant to the works being undertaken
* Must hold a CSCS card and a relevant academic engineering or construction qualification
HS2 – working with Skanska & Costain, closely monitors job applications, to ensure an inclusive recruitment process. To ensure we are able to maintain this, and to recruit a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates to complete the diversity form as part of their application so we are able to monitor and improve our approach to diversity. Please note, all responses are anonymous, you do not have to provide a response.
All data will be held securely, (as stated within the Data Protection Act 1998) and will be reported to HS2. We will not share any of your data with other parties. This form is not mandatory, but your response would be appreciated.
Our Infrastructure team brings its design, build and refurbishment expertise to complex projects across the country. We form strong partnerships with clients and communities to deliver major infrastructure improvements like Crossrail, HS2 and the M25 widening.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected. characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
* Location: London, England, United Kingdom
* Schedule: Full-time
* Employee Status: Regular