about 1 month ago
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Advisory Sales Engineer - UK
Do you want a technical, consultative pre-sales role that is exciting, dynamic, challenging and rewarding? The Software Defined Storage BU is a specialist, but rapidly growing, business unit, the products in our portfolio (ECS, ScaleIO and VSAN) are growing exponentially and therefore we are seeking a Senior Sales Engineer to join us in the UK to work within our Commercial and Public Sector business promoting SDS enterprise solutions.
Dell EMC is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
You will work with a dedicated SDS seller and our existing sales teams, translating the technical requirements of our largest customers into enterprise SDS solutions. This will involve:
* Driving the technical discussions with customers to close, deliver the solutions and meet targets, engaging with other subject matter experts or services as necessary.
* Leading technical level discussions around enterprise SDS solutions and building a credible future state strategy on optimised architecture.
* Delivering high-impact presentations at client facilities.
* Becoming the technical knowledge resource for the sales department and identifying development areas in knowledge levels.
* Delivering enablement on the SDS portfolio to mainline pre-sales teams.
* 5 Years Public Sector experience.
* Substantial experience in consultative presales of enterprise software solutions for large enterprise and global customers.
* Thorough understanding of Datacentre solutions, in particular Software Defined aspects.
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with sales teams with the ability to define client solutions through RFI’s and RFP’s.
* Strong written and oral communication skills in both English, ability to influence.
* Self-starter, must be able to work independently and with aligned seller to effectively manage their business within the region.
* Commercial awareness. Total Cost of ownership, Return on Investment model etc.
* Knowledge of product portfolio, ECS, ScaleIO and VSAN.
* Knowledge of other Object Store & HCI solutions.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent within a technical field
* Experience of delivering complex Proof of Concepts.
* UK Government SC Clearance.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.