5 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Technology Team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning London, UK campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
We are looking for talented Software Engineers to join our team and provide analytics ready data, enabling our data driven culture. You will join a new team being spun up, to build a new declarative ETL pipeline based on Google’s Cloud Dataflow, Google pub/sub, Apache Beam and Googles Big Query. Experience in these technologies or equivalent is desirable but not mandatory.
– Design, build, test and maintain data pipelines, according to business and technical requirements.
– Deliver observable, reliable and secure software, embracing ‘you build it you run it’ mentality, and focus on automation and GitOps.
– Continually work on improving the codebase and have active participation in all aspects of the team, including agile ceremonies.
– Take an active role in story definition, assisting business stakeholders with acceptance criteria.
– Work with Principal Engineers and Architects to share and contribute to the broader technical vision.
– Develop and champion best practices, striving towards excellence and raising the bar within the department.
– Play an active part in the Sky Technology communities.
– Highly proficient in Java or Scala.
– Strong Test-Driven Development background, with understanding of levels of testing required to continuously deliver value to production.
– Experience of near Real Time Data Pipeline development in a similar Big Data Engineering role is advantageous.
– Hands on programming experience of the following (or similar) technologies is advantageous: Google Pub/Sub, Google BigQuery, Google Dataflow / Apache Beam / Scio, Google Dataproc / Apache Spark.
– Data modelling experience advantageous.
– Delivery experience within an agile environment using Scrum / Kanban methodologies and Pair Programming.
– Good communicator, knowing how to contribute and how to listen, within your team and other teams in the department.
– Bachelors’ degree or equivalent industry experience.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about