3 months ago
Scrum Master - Stevenage
Role Title and Location:Scrum Master- Stevenage
Job Ref No: P7443
Directorate: Technical/ Systems & Missile Design / Weapon System Architecture & Equipment
MBDA Level of role: Level 4/5 depending on experience
Reports to: Head of Weapon Systems Simulation & Experimentation Stevenage
* We have a fantastic opportunity for a driven and passionate Scrum Masterto join oursimulation and experimentation team, to take a lead rolein the development of single or multiple projects depending on experience .
* Use agile techniques to lead the technical management of the software development team (2 – 8) to meet the weapon system requirements.
* Plan and manage budgets and spend, including regular progress reports and cost to completion.
* Perform business development activities in conjunction with projects and functional areas within the company to champion the use of simulation.
* Manage risks and opportunities to pre-empt technical issues and leverage re-use.
* Work alongside the support system team to achieve validation and sub-system integration.
* Functional policies and best practices in conjunction with the Simulation Architect within the team.
What’s in it for you?
* To be part of a niche forwarding thinking dynamic Function delivering innovative solutions and the latest technologies.
* To broad Systems Engineering skills to exciting technical challenges using an agile approach.
* To build relationships across the company including Project Teams, Systems Design, Software and Systems Proving.
* To have the opportunity to work with internationally.
What’s great about the team?
* You will be joining a team delivering innovative solutions to Projects that need your inspired approach and enthusiasm
* You will be joining a department that has advanced the use of distributed simulation in Weapon System Design and Development
* You will be working with internationally and industry recognised members of the simulation community
What are we looking for?
* Ideallydegree qualified or equivalent experience
* Practical software engineering and/or System integration experience (C#/C++)
* Experience of leading use of agile for software development
* Awareness of simulation standards (DIS and HLA)
* Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
What would you get?
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)