8 months ago
Any UK base
Insights & Data
Actionable insights and AI are key to thriving in the digital era. Organizations see data as their most powerful asset to create superior customer experiences, perfectly optimized operations and new, disruptive business propositions.
We work with our clients to create and deliver capabilities and solutions that drive impact with data, covering data engineering and information governance, next to data science, business analysis and much more. Through insights, algorithms and ‘AI everywhere’ we equip them with everything they need to differentiate with data.
To work as part of the Insights and Data (I&D) Delivery Management practice which specialize in data and information led projects and programmes. Your role will be to ‘Scrum’ manage projects for clients that are contracted on a fixed price or a time & materials basis. Clients will be in any sector and projects managed can be of different degrees of complexity or size. Typically technologies will be around BI and Analytics based products/services and will cover a broad spectrum of the major technologies. Project management methodologies used will be structured or agile and experience of Scrum managing projects using either type of methodology is expected.
What you’ll do
• Guiding the teams and organisations on how to use Agile/Scrum practices.
• Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the teams and organisations and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the teams and organisations.
• Note blockages and divergence and support and guide the team and PO to solve these impediments
• Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
• Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency and information flow.
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Acting as process owner for the team, and maintaining the relationship with the project's key stakeholder
• Coaching the team to higher levels of agile and scrum maturity, and helping them define their ways of working
• Facilitating reviews, retrospectives, scrum meetings and planning meetings
• Building great relationships with the product owner and other stakeholders
• Fostering a culture of collaboration with other scrum masters, and building a network with other agile champions across the organisation
• Agile delivery experience of BI, MDM, Big-Data, Cloud or enterprise content management projects is essential
• Experience in delivery of multi-disciplinary projects preferable (BI Front-end, ETL, Java, architecture build, change management)
• Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least 3-5 years for a software development team that has been applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
• Experience on Agile project management tools such as TFS or the Atlassian suite of products such as Jira, Confluence
• Understanding and experience of widely accepted successful Agile techniques.
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
• Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (I.e.: various Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
• Effective communicator with the ability to connect and engage across multiple teams, business units and organisations at manifold levels.
• Mentoring skills.
• Knowledge of business requirements prioritisation techniques i.e. MoSCoW prioritisation
• Ability to lead a team of resources across multiple sites, whilst building solid business relationships
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills; must be capable of focusing and maintaining project direction and be able to lead and motivate a team of specialist technical and/or business resources, as well as management of stakeholders
• Experience of managing projects with business and technology deliverables and / or changes involving external third-party providers
• Experience of liaison with suppliers in terms of plan deliverables and problem resolution
• Managing projects with a number of moving parts together with good organisational skills and multi-tasking is a must as is the ability to make rigorous decisions at pace
• A flexible and proven ability to successfully deliver agreed planning outcomes within a project & agile development environment
Role relevant qualifications: desirable i.e. Scrum certifications, LEAN/Kanban, IC Agile or similar, SAFE 4.0 / 4.5 Qualification.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we develop a deep understanding of a business and get to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
March 22, 2019
(i)GCSE or equivalent
Any UK Base