3 months ago
Scala & Spark Developer, Aqua
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to play part in developing a state-of-the-art Front Office Risk System using Cloud Microsoft Azure technologies? Do you have the ability to resolve complex issues and think outside of the traditional development box? Do you want to work in a start-up mentality?
We are looking for an IT software engineer to:
• resolve big data processing problems at enterprise scale
• develop and improve data pipelines in Apache Spark written in Scala
• perform Scala code reviews, improve and optimize code
• understands design principles underpinning data warehouses and data lakes
• understand importance of automated testing and different levels at which these need to be performed
• have the ability to think outside the box and willingness to learn new skills
• have the aptitude to work in a challenging environment with frequent deadlines and deliverables
• be part of a strategic programme
You will be working in the Front Office Risk and P&L team in London alongside the Business. The team is highly motivated and is part of a global multi-discipline team and consists of data quants, business analysts, software engineers and some of the bank's best technologists. Your primary focus will be on delivering a platform for data analytics and processing solution, along with a highly scalable workflow orchestration engine with state of art dependency tracking and monitoring.
• very strong Scala knowledge, good Java, Python desirable
• strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to resolve issues)
• strong experience solving problems with Apache Spark (enterprise level usage of Databricks desirable)
• data modelling
• understanding of Microservice design patterns and how to apply them appropriately (desirable)
• large-scale enterprise, object-oriented design and hands-on experience in building distributed systems
• worked with agile SDLC and TDD methodologies, with Git/GitHub and continuous integration
• the ability to work closely with business partners, as part of a global team, delivering iteratively
• risk calculation knowledge (TV, Greeks, PnL) is desirable
• experience working with an investment banks' front office – trading, sales is desirable
• passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity
• enjoy a work environment that places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace
• someone who is technically excellent and can aspire, and inspire others, to our values and culture
• proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast
• paced deliveries and changing requirements
• a self-sufficient, quick learner, who can work well both independently as well as in a team
• an excellent communicator, strong written and verbal communication skills in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting United Kingdom
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Scala & Spark Developer, Aqua | UBS - Experienced professionals - job boards