5 months ago
Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
“Our work relies on building and maintaining the strongest relationships with other delivery teams across Sky and Sky’s partners. Collaboration and continuous improvement are at the heart of what we do. We’re looking forward to welcoming more talented people in our team” – Senior Scrum Master
What you’ll do:
- Deliver production-ready, tested software in small increments
- Take a proactive role on production issues and release management
- Support and maintain the live product (including first line support) along with the development team
- Collaborate with technical analysts and testers in the creation of backlog items, providing information such as cost estimates and technical risk
- Take an active role in story definition, working closely with testers and business stakeholders to identify and ensure acceptance criteria are satisfied
- Participate and lead when appropriate in daily stand-up meetings, reviews and retrospectives, contributing to the team’s technical direction and the improvement of its tools and processes
What you’ll bring:
- Solid commercial experience as a Scala dev
- Strong TDD/BDD and unit testing skills
- Passion for Agile software delivery and pair programming best practices
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery practices
- Background in software development for high traffic, high availability large scale backend systems
- Enthusiasm/aptitude for learning new skills and practices
Part of the Sky family, we’re NOW TV, here to give people gloriously good TV, movies, sports and broadband free from contracts. That’s the entertainment they want, when they want it, how they want it, all on their terms. Our team members work with agility and each have the power to change what we do and how we do it, all to improve the viewing experience on the 60+ devices our customers can watch our app on.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our London, UK campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from London, UK, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media.
A job you love to talk about
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
Due to COVID-19 recruitment process on some of our roles may take longer than usual. We appreciate your interest and will be in touch as soon as we can.