about 1 month ago
Sampling Manager (Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental)
Requisition ID :2019-69000
Work Location :GB-London
Department / Discipline : Geotechnical Engineering
Position Type : Fixed Term
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a sampling manager to work on a major UK infrastructure project in the Greater London area.
Based on site, the Sampling Manager will be responsibility for managing and scheduling laboratory testing on geotechnical and geoenvironmental samples obtained on a large-scale ground investigation on BDA green, yellow and red classification sites.
* Management of geotechnical and environmental samples from field to lab including storage and dispatch to laboratories
* Scheduling geotechnical and/or geoenvironmental laboratory testing
* Sample management include waste control and liaison with UK geotechnical and environmental testing laboratories
* Data management and record keeping for samples and schedules to track progress
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
* Highly organised and experienced at data management
* Demonstrated ability to implement sampling protocols & ground investigation specifications
* Experience scheduling and managing geotechnical and environmental laboratory testing and acting as the key contract with laboratories
* Excellent spoken and written English.
* Strong commitment to the health and safety of self and others in respect of ground investigation works.
* The ability to integrate quickly and to work and communicate effectively within an established team.
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills with consultants and contractors.
* Familiarity with both geotechnical and geoevniromental drilling, sampling, scheduling and laboratory testing (gas, groundwater, surface water, classification, advanced testing)
* Use of Holebase for laboratory scheduling
* Degree in engineering geology, geotechnical engineering, environmental science or environmental engineering
* Experience on UK ground investigation projects
* Full UK driving licence
* Current CITB CSCS card
* Asbestos Awareness / Category A
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.