5 months ago
Sales Operations Professional (Bid & Proposal Coordinator) - (BIA00007Z)
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services for industrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 77,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years.
We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
We have an immediate requirement for a Sales Operations Professional, to join our existing Sales team based in either Glasgow, Manchester or London. The successful candidate must demonstrate;
* excellent attention to details
* a strong desire to build a career in Jacobs and an eagerness for personal development.
The Jacobs Sales Team drives strategic pursuits and helps build relationships with our key clients. The primary responsibility of the Sales Operations Professional is to support the disciplined application of our Sales Process:
* Develops sales documents using applicable tools, guidelines and templates
* Works as a project manager to develop and implement opportunity response plans i.e. activities, deliverables, owners, milestones
* Collects company data or conducts internal / external research as appropriate for opportunity response documents and / or strategy development
* Develops and maintains sales qualification materials and supporting information in designated information management or filing systems
* Develops an appropriate network within the company to facilitate identification and sharing of relevant information, best practices etc. between teams
* Coordinating the delivery of proposal submissions including Prequalification Questionnaires and Request for Proposal documents
* Developing strategically important opportunities for the Buildings, Infrastructure & Advanced Facilities (BIAF) line of business
* Proposal preparation and coordination of client strategy meetings
* Conducting client, competitor and market research and analysis
* Overseeing various knowledge management systems and reference tools
* Ability to travel periodically (domestically and internationally) and occasionally work out of core hours
The individual must be creative, confident, a good writer, and organised to assist in the planning and delivery of major bids. The successful candidate will have:
* Good planning (project management and delivery) skills
* A degree in engineering, planning, marketing, business or related field
* Understanding of the European Buildings and Infrastructure market
* Ability to manage, coordinate, write, review, and edit text, graphics, and metrics for sales documents such as proposals, qualifications, and presentation slides.
* Good interpersonal and organisational skills to participate in or lead meetings and build relationships across operational and sales teams
* Ability to control, maintain and support proposal collaboration tool (Sharepoint) content and use, and manage training
* Experience with Microsoft Office
* Potential to develop into a leader of major strategic pursuits
* Experience with Adobe InDesign
* Relevant experience such as contract/project management, technical design/planning, bid preparation or similar roles on infrastructure projects
At Jacobs we have recently celebrated 10 years of our culture of caring - ‘BeyondZero’. We see safety differently - we strive to go BeyondZero by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we promote STEM and WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) initiatives. When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity. To find out more about our networks, check out our website:
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
Alongside a competitive salary, Jacobs offer you;
* Extensive paid holidays of up to 32 days inclusive of national and public holidays.
* A broad flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, private health care and life assurance.
* The opportunity to join a global organisation committed developing its people and to continuous growth.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
: United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Glasgow
: Ireland-Ireland Countrywide-Dublin, United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-London, United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Manchester
: Jun 18, 2018, 11:07:27 AM