13 days ago
To manage a group of accounts to achieve the margin and market share growth of the M&O business, in line with the area Long Range Plan (LRP)
To act as the main point of contact for the assigned group of accounts, focussing on the customer experience to enhance loyalty and build long-term relationships.
To deliver the assigned sales, revenue, margin and cash targets.
* Support the account team manager to routinely review and identify the clients within the territory that represent the greatest opportunity relative to cost to serve.
* Support the account segmentation analysis with the account team manager, categorising the accounts within the area into Growth, Strategic, Streamline or Status accounts.
* Develop a thorough understanding of the assigned accounts clients’ business to articulate a clear ‘why LR’ value proposition that will resonate with the client and the challenges of their key stakeholders.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of LR’s main competitors in the area and share this understanding as necessary with the area, global and central commercial teams.
* Develop and maintain account plans for the assigned accounts, that optimise the margin performance for the segment, area, and the global LR business across the areas and different business streams.
* Under the guidance of the account team manager, provide input and insight into the Sales and Marketing plan (SMP) with the actions necessary to deliver the area Long Range Plan (LRP).
* Regularly analyse and report to the account team manager the expected sales performance within a period, based on sales pipeline, individual win rates, market trends, forecasts and competitor activity.
* Act as the main point of contact for the assigned accounts and work closely with the area client care team and key stakeholders to ensure the client relationship is managed effectively at all times.
* Deliver financial and operational performance against agreed budget targets, in line with the expected area contribution to the Marine & Offshore financial plans.
* Input and regularly update all opportunities in Salesforce, demonstrating model behaviours to promote the effective use of Salesforce.
* Ensure that for all large bids involving multiple internal stakeholders, a bid leader is agreed from the outset, with defined roles and responsibilities understood by the opportunity capture team.
* Collaborate extensively and actively engage with the growth product specialists and account managers in different teams or areas to support opportunities and projects as required.
* Develop and regularly maintain a stakeholder engagement plan for each assigned account and establish clear metrics and accountability for all internal stakeholders linked to the account plan.
* Organise frequent executive level engagement with specified clients and ensure strategic relationships are maintained between LR’s senior management and the clients’ senior management.
* Take accountability for the accuracy and quality of the opportunity and account data input into Salesforce to ensure confidence in the performance reporting and sales forecasts.
* Report on client meetings and all aspects of competitor activity for each client. Disseminate this information to relevant internal stakeholders and share updates during relevant sales team meetings.
* Seek and review client feedback, facilitate resolution of complaints promptly, and disseminate lessons learned to service delivery and client care teams as appropriate, in line with GMS and SLAs.
* Track account revenue, margin and sales performance and oversee contract management for assigned accounts, including securing contract renewal
* Manage debt recovery and work with the area accounts payable team to support as required, the collection of payments that are overdue (as applicable) for the assigned accounts.
* Ensure high quality proposals and competitive quotes are produced for the assigned accounts, to expand LR’s existing revenue, market share and relationship with the clients.
* Apply commercial acumen in the review of commercial contracts, safeguarding and maximising LR’s position. Liaise with relevant colleagues as required in the preparation/review stage.
* Support the Account Team Manager as required and actively participate in events, conferences, and workshops to network and promote LR.
* Ensure the ByD processes are followed as per the GMS. Ensure full adherence to the Commercial Bid Matrix and relevant implementation. .
* Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, legislation and accreditation schemes, and pursue Continuous Professional Development to maintain a high level of discipline knowledge and awareness.
* Assess the risks and work in a safe manner at all times, robustly implementing health and safety rules, instructions and systems and refuse to undertake work that compromises your safety or health.
* Report in a timely manner all incidents including near miss and safety observations (NMSO), accidents and injuries and raise any health and safety concerns with your line manager.
To be considered
* A degree or equivalent from a tertiary organisation recognised by Lloyd's Register within the relevant field of engineering or physical science or qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant sea-going experience as a certificated ship's officer.
* Significant experience in Account management field, preferably in Marine & Offshore environment with an in depth understanding of sales and client care principles.
* Strong commercial awareness. Ability to develop strategic action plans based on input from key persons.
* Strong knowledge of financial, budgetary planning, business planning, reporting and management.
* Strong team spirit. Excellent professional people skills to improve performance across the area of business.
* Thorough understanding of the shipping market and marine environment to manage commercial focus and find new business opportunities.
* Ability to communicate effectively at different levels within organisations and to influence successfully and openly at all levels – both inside our organisation and outside in the business.
* Ability and understanding to participate, communicate, positively contribute and add value in marine & offshore supply chain and technical discussions with clients and LR colleagues alike.
* Ability to understand and assess complex and sometimes unfamiliar situations, visualise solutions and see through to resolution.
* Enjoyment of building relationships, with the ability to pro-actively drive development of a network of key relationships internally and externally.
* Flexible approach to adjust role as the position develops.