11 months ago
Safety, Sustainability & Compliance Manager
Purpose of the Role
Provide professional leadership in all matters of safety and sustainability, working closely with the Freight, Plant and Engineering team to develop and implement the Colas Rail Safety vision statements.
Enable an industry leading safety performance to be delivered through proactive safety and sustainability management and provision of multi-skilled competent staff.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability
* Provide specialist safety advice as required to the delivery teams.
* Managing applicable SMS standards and briefings of new and revised documents
* Lead the development and guarantee delivery of the audit (internal and external) and surveillance plans.
* Create and maintain improvement plans for Safety, Quality, Sustainability and Environment.
* Stakeholder liaison for safety and sustainability matters (including industry working groups)
* Implementation and management of safety initiatives (including behaviour based safety)
* Ensure all accidents, incidents, significant close-calls and near misses are investigated and that all lessons learnt from investigations, surveillance and data analysis are disseminated, understood and embedded
* Produce regular reports of KPIs, analysis and improvement action plans.
* As you will expect the organisation may change from time to time and you will be expected to meet the operational requirements.
* Any other reasonable duties as required from time to time.
The job holder will have the following essential skills and qualifications:
* Leadership - Has the ability to influence and shape business direction and is a proven people manager
* Communication - Be a persuasive communicator, able to express views to diverse groups both internally and externally
* Proven experience - Ideally operating within the rail industry and has experience of operating at a senior level as a safety professional
* A professional qualification - NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and desirably is a Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (CMIOSH)
* Member of Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
* The job holder is required to hold a Personal Track Safety (PTS) competence