3 months ago
MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
An opportunity has arisen for an engineer to exploit their safety and system engineering skills to influence the safety aspects of technically sophisticated and exciting products. This will involve optimising the effort devoted to safety assurance, with the goal of balancing safety against the inherently lethal attributes required of complex weapon systems.
By understanding the system and its operating context, the safety engineer will decide what type of evidence will most cost-effectively show that the identified hazards have been mitigated to the customer’s satisfaction, using a range of techniques and approaches. This role is about balancing time and cost constraints to ensure that a safety case, comprising of appropriate evidence, is constructed.
What are we looking for?
* Thorough understanding and experience of how the hazard analysis and safety evaluation processes integrate with the system engineering process
* Ability to deliver supporting information (Safety Case Reports, Hazard Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis, FTA, etc).
* Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience in, the application of UK and International system engineering processes.
* Detailed electronic engineering experience is preferred, but experience of other engineering subject areas (design, software, manufacture, etc.) will be considered for candidates with the right strengths in other areas.
* Track record as an effective teammate with strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary / multi-national team.
* Good verbal, written communications analytical and problem solving skills.
Here’s what’s in it for you
Alongside core engineering projects there are opportunities to conduct internally funded research packages.
We can provide a variety of project work that will allow the successful applicant to the breadth of their safety engineering skillset and experience and develop a deep understanding of the technologies involved.
Working with us gives you the opportunity to work internationally.
MBDA also offers a comprehensive learning and development programme to enable the development of skills that support both, technical delivery and broader professional development.
Join a great team!
Our team influence systems as they develop from concept to delivery and gain first-hand experience of working with military customers.
We are a team with a strong pedigree in the delivery of safety engineering, in a company with an excellent safety culture.
Join us and share in that experience and contribute to our learning as we continue to develop our approaches and techniques.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram!
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.