15 days ago
Altran are looking to recruit Safety Engineers at a range of levels (junior to senior) with experience from either the aerospace, defence or rail domains.
Altran’s Safety and Systems business provides systems, safety engineering and assessment expertise to help our clients develop and deliver safety-critical systems to meet today’s increasingly challenging regulatory needs. Our work is essential in delivering demonstrable safety that satisfies industry regulators and acceptance authorities. We do safety engineering and assessment across a number of sectors including rail, air traffic management, aerospace, defence and automotive.
If you want to join us and be involved with projects where your skills and expertise make a real difference, we’d love to hear from you. We are a specialist team, embedded within Altran’s broader business and mostly based in Bath. We are collaborative, supportive, hard-working and adaptable, taking pride in the quality of our work and in helping our clients to ‘raise their game’.
We’re currently looking for engineers with the following qualities:
* Trouble-shooting skills
* CEng, or progressing towards this
Domain knowledge in one or more of the following:
* Aerospace, Air Traffic Management and Defence domain knowledge
* Railway (signalling, rolling stock, OLE, etc.)
* Able to work at both ‘big picture’ and detail levels
* Ideally, candidates will have good knowledge of safety activities; the engineering lifecycle and be familiar with safety-related standards, however it is more important that applicants have the ability to learn and to adapt to changing work requirements. As we are a consultancy, we do need people with strong ‘soft skills’ and who inspire client confidence.
* Candidates for senior positions will have good consultancy skills and more detailed experience in safety engineering, assessment and management in a number of the following areas, potentially across a number of domains:
* Safety management systems
* Hazard identification, assessment and management techniques e.g. HAZOP, FMEA, FTA, Event Tree Analysis, Hazard Logs
* Safety Case production and assessment
* Safety auditing and assessment
* Software safety assessment and compliance
In addition to the culture and career development opportunities at Altran, we offer a matched pension scheme, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.