8 months ago
Title : Safety Case Manager
Requisition ID :2018-29849
Work Location :GB-Devon-Devonport
Department / Discipline : Tech Safety
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Wood Nuclear is recruiting for a Safety Case Manager. As the demand for Wood’s services continues to grow, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Safety Case Manager to join our Nuclear business in the South West of the UK, with an initial focus on the delivery of multi-disciplinary site infrastructure projects.
Wood Nuclear works closely with customers and partners across the defence, nuclear and power generation industries, delivering a wide range of engineering projects and services. Our experience of supporting the UK submarine programme and every nuclear licensee across the UK over the last 60 years means that we can offer unrivalled support and expertise to our partners, and a supportive, rewarding and enriching working environment for team members.
Our business is built on long-term strategic partnerships, and a key aspect of this role will be the delivery of successful and cost-efficient projects within an evolving and collaborative programme environment.
* Application of Nuclear Safety Principles and applicable policies and procedures.
* Development of safety case strategies and plans.
* Oversight of safety case preparation and production.
* Safety case preparation and production of more complex cases.
* Provision of mentoring and guidance for less experienced personnel
* Liaison with site safety committees and regulators as appropriate.
Skills / Qualifications
* A sound technical or engineering background with a suitable scientific or engineering degree or demonstrable industrial experience.
* Experience of working in a safety and safety case environment within the nuclear and/or defence industries.
* Demonstrable communication skills with clients both internally and externally.
* Demonstrable ability to write clearly and present complex arguments in a well-structured manner, suitable for a varied audience.
* Knowledge and experience of the application of some of the following techniques would be beneficial: Hazard Identification, Fault Schedule development, Safety Functional Requirements (SFR) derivation, Probabilistic Safety Analysis.
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package
* Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
* Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
* International opportunities - As a 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
* For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
* To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions
For our communities:
* We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.