about 1 year ago
Colas Rail Infrastructure is all about speed and quality - reconciling the demands of minimising 'possession' time with laying track to the highest standards of accuracy. Meticulous planning, strong site management and investment is how we have squared this circle and become the UK's largest renewals contractor. Colas Rail believes the investment made in training and development is vital to maintain competitive advantage. We are committed to utilising training and development to ensure that every possible opportunity is available to our staff. We offer structured training schemes for apprentices, technicians and graduates and employees are also encouraged to pursue, on their own initiative, continuing education and training, particularly when this leads to vocational and professional qualifications relevant to their work.
Safety And Sustainability Advisor
Provide professional safety and sustainability advice working closely with the local operations teams to develop a positive and fair safety culture aligned with Network Rail Life Saving Rules.Enable an industry leading safety performance to be delivered through proactive support to the operations teams.
* Support the implementation of safety and sustainability improvement action plans.
* Support the management and implementation of all applicable SaMS tandards and briefings of new and revised documents.
* Support the delivery of the audit plan (internal and external) and surveillance plan by carrying out safety audits and inspections as directed.
* Advise and support the implementation of the requirements of the Construction Phase Plan, Quality Plan, Sustainability Plan, Environmental plan. Review of documents arising from the above plans such as WPP, TB, internal and suppliers method statement, site waste management plan etc. Support the operations team developing site specific risk assessments and associated controls including pre-work site visit to help identify hazards.
Qualifications and experience required
* NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health or assessed equivalent
* Supervisory, advisory or management experience within the railway industry or a comparably engineering focused industry
* Good communicator and able to influence others Investigation and auditing techniques
Colas Rail in the United Kingdom values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of our aim to deliver quality services, we are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
Colas Rail currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas Rail.