4 months ago
Safety and Regulatory Compliance Engineer
Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a Europeanleader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and theworld's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Safety/Regulatory Compliance Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Portsmouth.
Working directly with projects teams, the job holder will ensure safety and environmental requirements are identified and complied with.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Support and facilitate the creation and maintenance of Product Regulatory Compliance Records and preparation of technical files, including the assessment of relevant supplier information and support to internal / external test campaigns.
- Support the development of products to meet the requirement of EU Directives including the delivery of technical files and Declarations of Conformity.
- Development and maintenance of Safety and Environmental Cases in accordance with UK MOD Safety and Environmental processes and procedures.
- Development and maintenance of project Safety and Environmental Management Plans and related safety and environmental management system documentation.
- Production of deliverable documentation and ensuing the timely delivery and acceptance in line with project timescales.
- Provide advice, guidance and expertise to project and product teams, acting as focal point for all project Safety, Environmental and Product Regulatory compliance matters.
- Lead and manage to resolution Safety, Environmental and Product Regulatory compliance issues.
- Ensuring that all business, regulatory and customer requirements are identified and appropriate compliance evidence is available.
- Undertaking / facilitating required Safety and Environmental analysis.
- Chair internal / external Project Safety and Environmental Committee meetings as required.
- Costing/scheduling of Safety and Environmental work packages.
- Supporting and participating in Project reviews.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
- A background in Safety or Quality Assurance.
- Knowledge and experience of Safety and Environmental Product Regulatory Compliance legislation.
- Good knowledge and experience of Safety Management Systems.
- Knowledge and experience of UK MOD Safety and Environmental Management processes (Def Stan 00-056, POSMS, POEMS).
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification and / or experience.