about 1 month ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This position will form part of an exciting new Sky team reporting into the Smart Technology Engineering Lead. The role will be part of the Sky Software Engineering team. It will be responsible for Software development activities associated with the Sky Consumer business.
We’re looking for Senior Ruby Developers to join our team, designing, building and optimising backend functions and services as we scale our cloud-based, platforms and deliver services to our partners and customers in Europe.
As a senior member of the team, you will have an influential voice in our solution architecture, technology selection and product strategy, along with the scope to develop your skills and experience in a number of directions as the business grows.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning London, UK campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
* A senior-level Ruby developer who can get up to speed quickly and bring additional hands-on experience to our team.
* An excellent communicator, accustomed to operating in small, distributed, cross-functional teams.
* Solution-focused, always thinking of the overall objective and understanding the meaning of done means done.
* Ready to guide and support other team members when needed, as well as reaching out when things aren’t going your way.
* Experience as a back-end developer in a commercial environment with expert knowledge of Ruby (with and without Rails) OR demonstrated experience in adapting from other languages (
* REST API development
and strong experience of:
* Git, using pull requests
* TDD with build/test automation
* Both project-led and agile/scrum environments
while the following experience would be beneficial, but not essential:
* Integration of third-party services and data
* Working with Ruby outside of Rails
* Close cooperation with operations teams to consider scalability and observability of services
* Pubsub and message queueing
* AWS (particularly IoT, SQS, and SNS)
* Some frontend development capability
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about