8 months ago
This role is responsible for providing presales consultancy for RSA, working closely with the account manager to help meet revenue, customer satisfaction requirements & develop customer understanding of the RSA portfolio. The SE owns the technology relationships and provides technology thought leadership in the security market. They are responsible for the execution of all technical interaction of the customer engagements, acting as a security evangelist, with a clear technical architectural & sales execution plan.
To support the sales organization the individual will provide support for product demonstrations, technical discussions, RFI, RFP, partner training, knowledge transfer, and general information security best practices. The SE will provide architectural designs, best practices, technical explanations and integration support. The SE will also be the key individual articulating RSA solutions within the Dell Technologies ecosystem and engaging with the wider Dell Technologies presales teams.
* Maintain a forward looking technical plan for the accounts.
* Jointly develop a multi-year well qualified pipeline with the account manager which is visible in SFDC.
* Drive growth in all aspects of the RSA portfolio offering.
* Drive the technical presales process and act as a technical resource for the Sales team.
* Deliver technical presentations to audiences of up to 100 people.
* Co-ordinate and deliver RFx responses in a timely manner to the customer.
* Ensure the technical win at all accounts.
* Perform Proof of Concepts as needed with prospective partners and customers.
* Proactively follow up with partners/customers and accounts.
* Perform installations, troubleshooting, setups, and configurations in conjunction with partners at customer sites.
* Closely works with the Channel and Alliances organization on partner enablement and deliver technical training to resellers and customers if required.
* Develops relationships with the product management organization for input on new releases and features that uniquely relevant to the theatre and accounts.
* Aligns with the services organization and the Partner/Alliance consultants, to make sure that the relevant service content is scoped ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Manages escalations and follow through until successfully resolved. Possesses strong, detailed product/technology/industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications. Maintains strong understanding of the competitive landscape within the respective territory.
* Proven Presales Information technology experience across industry verticals for 5+ years.
* Able and willing to speak to live audiences and discuss topics related to general security solutions, applied security practices, security and corporate compliance, etc. as well as provide training and instruction.
* Able to handle complex situation and take decision accordingly.
* Experience of a business outcomes sales methodology.
* Demonstrated ability to balance the desire for “technical excellence” and commercial requirements.
* Team player, and the ability to inspire excellence in other systems engineers.
* Highly motivated.
* This position requires working knowledge of multiple network and security devices. Hands-on experience is required.
* Responsible for outlining the hand-over of responsibility and technical briefing of the requested solution by the customer so the PS team can accurately formulate the requirements into a SOW and engage with the customer.
* To technically support marketing activities in the region.
* Acts as pivot between Sales and PS to jointly define and package repeatable solutions
* Works with local sales team to provide “engagement advice” in the form of territory plan definition and implementation as appropriate (e.g., application definition, technical presentation specifications and demo plans.
* Experience as an IT/Security presales engineer.
* General knowledge of IT infrastructure, operations, and enterprise security principles as well as knowledge of governance, risk and compliance.
* Broad knowledge in the security threat landscape and its evolution other than forensics principles.
* Ability to solve technical problems independently.
* Takes immediate action to overcome obstacles.
* Persuasive in front of customers.
* Able to sustain a positive attitude and work effort when faced with adversity.
* CISSP or similar is highly desirable.
* Experience in the following is advantageous, but not a pre-requisite
* SOC : Security Operations Centers
* GRC : Governance risk and Compliance
* SIEM – Security Information and Event Management tools
* Authentication: Basic authentication, two factor authentication e.g RSA SecurID , biometrics, smart cards, SMS authentication
* Identity and Access Management solutions
* E-Commerce anti-fraud technologies
* Working understanding of Firewalls, IDS, IPS, as well as encryption techniques and methods desirable.
* Hardware and OS platform/NOS Administration –, Microsoft Windows Server and Windows client, UNIX (any flavor), Red Hat, CentOS, etc.
* Active Directory and LDAP – Provisioning tools solutions
* Networking experience: TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc. Cisco (routers, switches, VPN or Storage a plus)
* Applications: Citrix, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft OWA, Microsoft IWA, RDBMS, Apache Web Server, etc.
* SaaS Platforms: Salesforce, O365, etc..
* Web Services: SAML, SOAP, DCOM, JAVA etc.
* Firewall and VPN: Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper, etc.
* Fluent in English – written and oral
* Travel of up to 50% of time will be required for this position.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Sales Sales-Engineer
Job ID: R41547