10 months ago
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
This is an exciting new opportunity within the Avionics team to develop and lead the growth of Support Service Solutions and Sustainment for rotorcraft platforms. You will work closely with the customer and partners to develop the strategy and prosecute opportunities to grow the support service solutions portfolio. This will include support of GE Aviation and 3rd party equipment together with service elements delivered independently or as part of an inclusive service offering.
To deliver this role you will be an experienced manager with a focus on blending business strategy, business capture and delivery. Your strong business experience will include partnering and service solution development with customers.
* Develop the business strategy for this area understanding customer needs, available capability and competitive environment. Specifically, this will include:
* Capture of support revenue stream for GE and third-party equipment
* Optimize service design through use of analytics and partnering
* Incorporate value added services and drive continuous improvement
* Develop opportunities for product replacement
* Understand both customer and Third-Party requirements, capabilities and aspirations and develop strong through life relationships
* Develop GE Aviation / Third-Party capability to deliver effective through-life support to the fielded aircraft fleet
* Act as primary customer and external team member contact for program activities, leading program review sessions to discuss price, schedule, and technical performance and expectations.
* Develop and lead the business team
* Develop appropriate relationships and expand capabilities with the both the internal and external team members.
* Lead campaigns and customer negotiations to secure new business opportunities
* Deliver the allocated programs within the portfolio in line with the business plan and within defined schedule, profitability and customer satisfaction
* Establish the plans and processes necessary to establish the initial capability and then deliver the required through life support
* Establish suitably qualified resources and multi-functional teams necessary to deliver the portfolio
* Adhere to required governance regime including Tollgate, Status and Design reviews
* Develop capability and foster personal development within the team
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, or equivalent level of experience
* Significant program/project management experience, preferably in avionics equipment
* Demonstrable business acumen
* Demonstrable leadership behaviours
* International team multi-functional leadership experience
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
* Experienced at international transfer of manufacture and support capabilities
* International experience of working with different engineering/manufacturing businesses, and cultural awareness
* Experience and familiarity with military/commercial avionics product manufacturing and support
* Experience with Aviation Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul processes and procedures
* Ability to build relationships to form strong, effective teams
* Demonstrated commitment to develop, drive, and manage programs in a highly competitive market.
* Excellent written and verbal communications, ability to present complex issues to multi-level audiences of Company and Customer executives.
Locations: United Kingdom; Yeovil