2 months ago
Road Surfacing Supervisor
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Contracting Supervisor to join our team in Leeds.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing the surfacing site(s) within your remit. You will:
* Ensure working practices and procedures are followed, to the highest quality and cost control
* Supervise a team delivering a range of Highway surfacing schemes/ street works including motorways, dual carriageways, car parks and footpaths
* Encourage team compliance at all times to business Health and Safety policies and procedures
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of working within Highways surfacing schemes/Street works. They will:
* Have ideally obtained a CSCS card and SMSTS
* Have experience of machine and hand lay surfacing
* Previous of experience of supervising a team would be beneficial
* Be knowledgeable of Highways surfacing/Street works
* Be a good communicator and have experience of working with stakeholders of various seniority levels
* Be able to work independently but also as part of a team
* Be motivated
* Be IT literate
* Hold a valid UK driving licence
* Have a flexible working approach (in terms of working hours)
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
* Bonus scheme
* Enhanced holiday entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
* Training and development opportunities