5 months ago
Road Rail Reliability Engineer
Job number: UK11913
Career area: Engineering - Mechanical
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty currently has an exciting opportunity for a Road Rail Reliability Engineer to join our Rail team to work in Hither Green, London
In this varied and interesting role you will continuously improve asset reliability, implementation of engineering change whilst also carrying out Fleet checks with the Road Rail Maintenance team. Reporting to the On Track Plant (OTP) Reliability Engineering Manager you will also ensure that current standards and procedures are followed.
What you'll be doing
As, Road Rail Reliability Engineer, you will:
* Provide safety and change leadership;
* Improve asset reliability by identifying and reporting on root cause of failure, trends and implementing corrective actions to avoid recurrence;
* Carry out Engineering Failure Analysis;
* Carry out in depth and timely RCA’s;
* Write in depth engineering reports;
* Assist the Road Rail Engineering Manager to improve reliability by providing technical support;
* Own and coordinate improvements across a specific fleet(s);
* Ensure that reliability improvement investment and activities are focused where it is most effective and that resulting improvements can be measured;
* Prepare feasibility studies for investment in improvement initiatives / projects;
* Develop and submit improvement project plans and budgets and provide periodic reports to the Road Rail Engineering Manager;
* Monitor and report on delivered improvements to confirm projects’ effectiveness;
* Facilitate improvement workshops against a central improvement plan; e.g. RCM/LEAN/FMEA etc;
* Update maintenance plans;
* Develop, write, issue, manage fleet check and engineering change;
* Manage and support VMI process and change;
* Produce Engineering briefings, bulletins, MRO’s and plant instructions;
* Manage a fault data base inclusive of, verifying & classifying data input, producing KPi’s generated by the data base and carrying subsequent analysis of the data;
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you will:
* Hold a HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline
* Have relevant successful experience in technical analysis & problem solving
* Be skilled in investigation techniques that focus on system causes, common cause and root cause
* Be able to write detailed technical reports
* Have knowledge of human factors analysis techniques such as ABC (antecedents-behaviour-consequence) and human error analysis
* Have knowledge of reliability analysis including: Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), fault tree analysis, failure mode analysis and failure mode and effects analysis
* Be an experienced Facilitator for LEAN
* Have knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrics, electronics, computers etc
* Have knowledge of workshop practices especially fitting skills
* Be an Incorporated Engineer or working towards (desirable)
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.