3 months ago
Road Design Engineer
Job number: UK11840
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design & Engineering
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Road Design Engineer to join our Regional team to work in Glasgow.
• To successfully deliver detailed design of trunk road minor improvement projects, including Works Contracts;
• To project manage schemes to ensure delivery of annual programmes, on time and within budget.
What you'll be doing
As, Road Design Engineer, you will be:
* Responsible for the delivery of financial, quality and environmental management of projects;
* Supervising the works contracts on site, when required;
* Responsible for the preparation of roads orders, when required;
* Ensuring all licences, permissions and orders etc are in place in sufficient time to allow construction to progress unhindered;
* Ensuring current design standards are known and adhered to.
Who we're looking for
* Have a BEng, MEng or other approved qualification;
* Be a chartered or Incorporated Engineer or alternatively, working towards professional status;
* Have knowledge and understanding of road design standards DMRB, MCDHW, statutory procedures, forms of contract, British Standards and CDM;
* Have a proven record of delivering projects to high standard and on programme;
* Have autocad experience.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.