8 months ago
Risk Manager - RAF Fairford / Swindon
WYG is one of the leading consultancy providers to the Defence sector where we use our skills, processes and knowledge to provide industry leading services to our clients. This is an exciting opportunity for a Risk Manager to support a major Defence Infrastructure programme.
As the Risk Manager, you will be responsible for leading activities to identify, collate and track Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies & Opportunities (RAIDO) for the projects and programme for the infrastructure work at RAF Fairford being delivered on behalf of the United States Visiting Forces.
The role is based at RAF Fairford and our offices in Swindon, with occasional travel to RAF Wyton and other sites.
You will bring to this role a dynamic, enthusiastic and professional approach. You will have a 'Completer-finisher' approach to tasks and outcomes. You will have excellent spoken and written communication skills and excellent knowledge of Risk Management processes, ARRISCA (or other risk simulation software) and MS Office.
Due to the nature of our work in the defence and government sectors, you will be required to hold an MOD SC security clearance.
The Risk Manager is responsible for the collating and reporting key project and programme information to enable the Programme Manager and DIO to manage the Sub-Programme effectively, including:
* Facilitate identification, assessment and prioritisation of track Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies & Opportunities (RAIDO) within the sub-programme.
* Maintain visibility of RAIDO trigger points to facilitate risk cost profiling, timely drawdown of risk budget or retirement of threat/opportunity.
* Monitor overall risk exposure and assess against the remaining Risk budget.
* Proactively manage the completion of management responses to help deliver target positions.
* Produce risk reports as required, in a timely manner, to support the effective communication of RAIDO status.
* Conduct quantitative risk assessment (cost and schedule) to inform project contingency levels.
* Candidates will be expected to demonstrate basic to experienced levels of competence with tools such as Arrisca, PRA, @risk, Safran or similar.
* Compiling and Maintaining a record of Sub-Programme dependencies and ensure that the impact of change in dependent projects and business as usual functions. Assess impact on delivery of the Sub-programme and provide recovery options to the DIO.
* Attending monthly RAIDO working groups to ensure the Sub Programme risk management approach is consistent with the programme and to identify risks for escalation, including into USVF customer and stakeholders.
* Be the link to DIO and, through liaison with the DIO Risk Manager, ensure compliance with DIO process.
* Depending on the ultimate establishment of the PMO, the Risk Manager may be required to support or lead other roles.
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
A rewarding future is yours at WYG. We are committed to supporting your personal aspirations and, with clear career paths and a wide range of opportunities, your goals will always be within reach. Our blended learning experience will help you to develop all the skills and qualifications that you need to succeed. Fantastic flexible benefits and personalised rewards make up an excellent package.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.