about 1 year ago
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
Driving increased efficiency, effectiveness and integration into our clients’ non-financial risk practices through enhanced operating models, adoption of innovative technologies and simplified processes.
The Financial Services Risk Advisory practice at Deloitte has grown rapidly, and is a market leader in the financial services field. Following this success the practice is seeking to further develop its non-financial risk capabilities. Recognising our clients are evolving their operational risk frameworks towards more integrated non-financial risk frameworks Deloitte is strengthening this capability.
Deloitte is seeking to attract individuals who bring an understanding of risk operating models, cost efficiency and use of innovative technologies to re-engineer risk processes, built on a foundation of core operational risk framework knowledge to define and deliver solutions for our clients. In addition, given our clients are increasingly demanding new and creative ways to address their challenges, a creative, problem solving mind-set will be important.
Deloitte offers successful candidates a unique career opportunity initially focused on the UK market in a supportive, challenging and fast growing environment.
London based, although expected to travel to clients within the UK and overseas for periods of time.
Permanent Full Time contract.
The Assistant Manager/Manager will have a client facing role helping our clients drive efficiency and improvements in to the Non-Financial Risk processes.
The Assistant Manager/Manager will have responsibility for:
* Working within a team on a variety of projects
* Leading smaller scale assignments
* Supporting proposal development and presenting work to stakeholders
* Managing stakeholder relationships
* Applying their Operational Risk and broader non-financial risk knowledge to our client’s unique circumstances
* Applying their operating model and process improvement knowledge to redefine our clients’ non-financial risk approaches
* Continually updating and adding skills / knowledge to better service our clients
* Building internal and external networks
To qualify for the role you must have:
* Experience across financial Services, either as part of a Financial Services Institution or in an advisory or business consulting capacity to similar organisations.
* Good technical knowledge and experience in a number of the following areas:
* Evaluation, development and implementation of operational (and non-financial) risk strategies, including development of operating models and business policies and procedures
* Quantitative and qualitative risk assessment methodologies
* Market practice in the area of operational (and non-financial) risk management
Awareness and skills expected in the following areas:
* Ability to compare and contrast observed non-financial risk activities against a framework of good practice
* Ability to articulate some of the challenges organisations face when implementing non-financial risk frameworks
* Ability to interact and consult with a broad range of client stakeholders
* Ability to provide pragmatic advice concerning the implementation of recommendations
Additional personal attributes to include:
* Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging work environment
* Strong team player with good organisation, planning and leadership skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication & influencing skills
* Strong IT skills (Microsoft applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
* Ability to identify sales opportunities and progress in conjunction with other team members.
* Sound people management skills including a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
You are here: Risk Advisory
The Risk Advisory practice helps our clients to enhance their risk management capabilities. We work with many of the largest and most influential organisations, and in Financial Services focus across the Retail Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance and Asset Management sectors. This role is within the Compliance and Operational Risk team within Financial Services Risk Advisory.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
The successful candidate will work with other practitioners to create lasting change and enhancement to the risk management practices of our clients.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Visit our website to hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 147173