11 months ago
Role Title and Location: RF Test Systems Development Engineer – Bolton
Job Ref No: P6916
Reports to: Senior Principal Engineer
Salary: £37-£45,000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits Package
What’s the opportunity?
An opportunity has arisen to develop Test Equipment for some of MBDA’s most advanced products, and support this same equipment in a brand new production facility. Whilst the primary aim is focused on the highly advanced millimetre wave seeker, there is scope to work on other unique opportunities, offering the right candidate a true engineering challenge, not only in their core discipline, but also scope for growth. This role is based in Bolton.
What will you be doing?
Developing high end RF test systems on millimetre wave technology and providing qualitative assurance of the product conformity;
Developing other complex test systems and articles for unique test domains, starting at first principles and pushing the performance of certain technologies to the extreme of its capability to provide meaningful and robust data;
Supporting existing test systems, used in a wide variety of situations (including live missile testing) to maintain high end capability
Provide technical guidance to project teams, manufacturing teams, customer support functions and the customers themselves on all test aspects.
What are the benefits for you?
* The opportunity to work on some of the most advanced engineering products in the sector
* The opportunity to develop and grow into broader engineering disciplines
* The ability to become a leading expert in specialist fields
* A broad and varied technology and skill base
* A broad network of contacts within the defence industry
* The opportunity to travel to other European and non-European countries
What’s great about joining this team?
* A small team working in a larger group creates a fantastic local atmosphere with a good level of support and challenge;
* You will be moving into a brand new bespoke production facility with a modern environment and the opportunity to develop new tools, techniques and processes;
* A group working within a leading company, offering all the benefits that a large company can bring.
* Scope for development, a competitive benefits package, good local support, great atmosphere.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
* Ideally degree/ HNC/HND qualified in a relevant electronics / electrical / RF discipline;
* Experience in development of complete test solutions (RF experience advantageous);
* Experience in a production support role is an advantage, but not essential;
* You will be a self-starter / self-manager with a willingness to learn and a keen interest in pushing yourself. You will acknowledge your own capabilities and seek guidance where needed;
* A good communicator with the ability to provide direction and influence the design of the product to enhance its testability.
What you would get
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).