about 1 year ago
Location: Crawley, United Kingdom
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Thales is committed to delivering excellent services in the fields of Space, Aerospace, Defence, Security, and Ground Transportation. Did you know that 40% of the world’s airspace is supported by our systems, or that we’re trusted to protect the data of 19/20 of the world’s largest banks?
Core Benefits: Competitive Salary plus bonus, private healthcare, 27 days holiday and pension plus other great benefits such as excellent maternity/ paternity leave
What does the job involve?
* Design and development of innovative reliable analoue solutions
* Support the RF analogue team in problem solving and solution evaluation.
* Test, measurement, debug and verification
* Simulation and analysis
* Presentation of technical issues at design reviews
* Preparation of design documents
* Technical assistance to production
What are we looking for?
* An individual that understands how to design analogue circuits with fundamental electronic elements such as transistors, op-amps, inductors etc.
* Knowledge or RF circuits and systems specifically radio communications equipment
* Knowledge of Engineering Process and lifecycles, specifically DDQS.
* Knowledge of Lean Engineering
* Knowledge of Design for manufacture / test / support
* Design experience and/or General knowledge of the following: RF power amplifiers, RF filters, RF distribution (splitters, amplifiers and combiners), receivers, oscillators, frequency synthesisers, and EMC.
* Knowledge of CAD Tools used for schematic capture, such as Cadence Allegro
* An awareness of digital control via microprocessors, programmable devices, DSP, FPGA, memory would be an advantage.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!