30 days ago
About the role
We are looking for a Resourcing Team Leader who has experience of managing and developing a team of recruitment professionals to deliver the demands of a resource plan. The role will be leading our team of recruiters in our Amey Consulting division. The successful applicant will need to encourage and facilitate a focus on resource planning to plan for and anticipate recruitment needs, create and manage activities to attract and recruit high calibre candidates and coach and support managers in best practice recruitment methods. Proactivity and fresh, forward thinking is an absolute must to be successful in this role.
As a Resourcing Team Leader you will be responsible for the full recruitment lifecycle including resource planning, sourcing, assessing and selection as appropriate. You will ensure recruitment business practice is both implemented and adhered to by both you and your team, and will promote both quality and diversity throughout the recruitment process. You will report in to the Resourcing Business Partner at Amey and you will partner with the Divisional Director of HR and HR Business Partners to work proactively and demonstrate the ability to have a corporate view of recruitment and talent management.
The team is based in Birmingham but the location for the role is flexible with the expectation that some travel will be required.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Previous experience leading and developing a team of recruiters
- Proven track record within an in-house or agency recruitment role
- Proven track record of recruiting for hard to fill roles/areas and experience within Consulting recruitment is preferred
- Previous work experience in a fast-moving, target focused environment
- The ability to multi-task effectively and prioritise appropriately
- Excellent reporting and data analytic skills
- Strong communication skills and are resilient with a high customer service focus to manage upwards to senior management levels
- Previous experience of managing senior stakeholder relationships
- High levels of accuracy, attention to detail and time management
- Excellent IT skills, preferably with some working knowledge of database management systems
- A "can-do" attitude and are a strong team player
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.