17 days ago
What is the purpose of this role?
* To support the CEFA Operations Team in the efficient, effective and cost-effective provision of examination delivery resource to ensure the successful delivery of the CEFA project.
What does this role involve?
* Ensure that safety is always the priority, promote safe working practices, and ensure full implementation and compliance with Key Processes.
* Ensure that the appropriate Safe System of Work (SSOW), Work Package Plan (WPP)/Task Briefing Sheet (TBS) documentation is adhered to at all times so that Amey responsibilities are discharged on-site at all times.
* Write, review and approve as appropriate Safe System of Work (SSOW), Work Package Plan (WPP)/Task Briefing Sheet (TBS) documentation in accordance with Network Rail standards.
* Ensure that close calls, near misses and any other incidents are reported without hesitation and investigated comprehensively.
* Ensure that the resourcing and delivery of the structures examinations is done in accordance with project requirements.
* Ensure that work is planned to optimise the use of available resources, including safety critical requirements.
* Support the implementation of site audits, inspections and trials as appropriate.
* Improve and evolve our systems, tools and processes so that we can drive efficiency and bring benefits to Amey and to Network Rail
What does this role require?
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
* Ability to lead, motivate and develop an examination team
* Ability to identify and share best practice within the business
* Be a self-starter, able to take responsibility and work with minimum supervision
* Knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures
* Knowledge and understanding of the key operational processes and technical standards for delivering structural examinations on the rail infrastructure
* Proven rail industry experience in a trade, technical, safety critical or operational related role
* Experience of managing individuals and small/medium sized work teams
* ONC/Btech in Civil Engineering or Building (additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu on an individual basis).
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Computer literate with a full working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly excel
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* Customer Relationship Management
* Commercial Awareness
* Knowledge of track access planning processes and systems
* Knowledge of Network Rail’s assets and how they are managed
* Relevant experience of working in a railway operating environment
* Rail safety critical competence (IWA, COSS, ES, SWL1/2)
* SMSTS / IOSH Managing Safe Work
* HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or Building
* STE 4 competent
* Be working towards, or have obtained a relevant professional qualification such as MAPM, MICE etc