5 months ago
GSK is looking for a Resource Manager - Drug Development. In this role, you will provide excellence in resource forecasting (FTE [Full Time Equivalent] and EPE [External Project Expense]) across the R&D organization to enable confident decision-making and support robust drug development project management and portfolio governance processes
• Design and deploy high quality resource and financial algorithms/ drivers at cross-functional and functional plan levels to drive efficiency, accuracy, and consistency across PPRM (Portfolio and Operations, Pipeline Project & Resource Management [PPRM]); specifically ensuring high quality resource contracts
• Develop KPIs to monitor, manage and improve functional/ cross functional plan quality
• Support effective Total Project Costing analyses through the provision of quality resource (FTE and EPE) data and influence the design of the deliverable
• Design and provide timely, dynamic, and predictive visualization solutions to effectively convey resource data, analyses and recommendations to stakeholders
• Interrogate and ensure high quality data; lead efforts to correct (as needed) at source to ensure continued credibility of PPRM deliverables
• Consolidate complex structured and unstructured data from disparate systems and sources to ensure coherent information provided to stakeholders for decision-making
• Design objectives of analyses to meet senior stakeholders needs. Take into considerations the underlying strategic questions, the external-to-GSK context, and knowledge of R&D
• Seek most appropriate external benchmark data and analyses to challenge and improve the quality of IRM deliverables provided to the R&D organization
• Support the development of project related resource and financial forecasting acumen across stakeholder
During your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Closing date for applications: September 2019.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• Bachelor’s Degree with PMP (or similar) certification
• In-depth understanding of pharmaceutical business, drug development and project management
• Demonstrated experience in understanding and effective design and application of resource and financial algorithms
• Demonstrated track record of working across organizational boundaries
• Demonstrated expertise in range of role essential skills (e.g., data analysis, problem resolution, business model generation and decision support)
• Ability to design data and visuals effectively for audiences at varied levels within an organization
• Design, develop and prototype solutions using a variety of appropriate commercial tools (e.g., Crystal Ball)
• Ability to coach and mentor peers
• MS Degree in a relevant field with Project Management Professional; PMP/Prince2 (or similar) certification
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal communications and negotiation skills for senior audiences
• Enterprise thinker with natural curiosity and the ability to explore new ideas and interrogate data
• Comfortable with ambiguity, the ability to generate hypotheses and develop solutions independently
• Planisware (scheduling software) experience, Excel and Spotfire expertise
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
Play an important role in delivering our mission
Be an essential part of diverse, global team
Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.