21 days ago
Number of Heads Remaining:
Vacancy: Research Scientist (Product), Battery Materials
Job Family: R&D.
Johnson Matthey are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity in the rapidly expanding Battery Materials business. The successful candidate will join the Battery Materials Innovation group, responsible for lab scale synthesis and engineering of next generation lithium ion battery materials, located in our new Application centre in Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire. This role will interact closely with our product, process development and pilot plant teams to fully understand, develop and commercialise new and enhanced battery materials.
We have a Research Scientist role we are looking to recruit for. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative team, obtain exposure to the process of technology transfer and build skills specific to the battery materials industry.
* Hands-on synthesis and characterisation of cutting-edge high energy lithium ion battery materials, leveraging world-leading in-house facilities to fundamentally inform materials design
* Support the innovation and development of these materials, by exploring the impact of synthesis and process parameters
* Seek and review relevant literature to develop and extend scientific understanding
* Develop and conduct key characterisation and quality control (automotive standard) assessments throughout the synthetic process
* Maintain detailed technical records and report findings to the wider team in concise and accurate reports, presentations, discussions, etc
* Develop skills required to process materials for electrochemical screening
* Exposure to other product and process development teams; opportunity to see innovations designed, developed and delivered to customers
Are you the ideal candidate?
* A degree in Chemistry or relevant scientific discipline with demonstrable R&D experience; a PhD or equivalent industrial R&D experience is advantageous
* Experience with different materials synthesis methods and characterisation of mixed metal hydroxides/oxides would be an advantage
* Experience with battery materials, familiarity with related terminology and applying DOE methodologies will be viewed as a bonus
* Experienced in working with materials and analytical QC equipment that require high standards of health and safety behaviour
* Team player with a proactive approach to daily tasks, problem solving and EHS responsibilities
* Demonstrated consistent attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Closing date for applications: 16 September 2020
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.