5 months ago
Reporting Senior Accountant
Requisition ID :2019-59970
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Finance Operations
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for an Internal Reporting Senior Accountant to play a critical role in providing the Group CFO and ELT with financial information and analysis. Reporting directly to the Director of Group Financial Reporting and Planning, also provides support to the HFM System Manager regarding administration of the Group consolidation system (Hyperion).
The Internal Reporting Senior Accountant works closely with the BU reporting teams to ensure the Group consolidation system (Hyperion) is fully completed in line with the IFRS accounting standards and the Group timetable each month, and that Group monthly management reporting is delivered to a high standard. In addition the role is key to delivering the annual budget, mid-year forecast and rolling forecasts for the Group in line with the timetable.
A key aspect of the role is ensuring that the Director of Group Financial Reporting and Planning and Group Financial Controller have the reports and analysis that they require, including both routine reports and ad-hoc analysis.
Skills / Qualifications
* Preparation of the monthly Group management accounts including variance analysis and commentary on results
* Consolidation of the Group flash report
* System administration, maintenance and continual improvement of the Group financial consolidation system, Hyperion, which has circa 300 users worldwide, supporting the HFM System Manager
* Consolidation of the annual budget, mid-year forecast and monthly rolling forecasts
* Preparation of data to support investor presentations and roadshows
* Key Group point of contact for analysis as required by Tax, Treasury, Investor relations and Mergers and Acquisitions teams
* Other ad hoc project work as directed by the Director of Group Financial Reporting and Planning and Director of External Reporting and Accounting
* Drive continuous improvement in Group reporting
* Accounting for deferred consideration and other complex accounting areas across the Group
* Assist with preparation and close-out of the Group year-end accounts and liaise with external auditors
* Prepare Group reporting calendar
* Internal: Group CFO, Group Financial Controller, Director of Group Financial Reporting & Planning, Director of External Reporting and Accounting, Tax, Internal Audit, Investor Relations, Mergers & Acquisitions, BU Reporting Teams
* External: External Auditors
* Degree qualified
* Further professional postgraduate accounting qualification
Knowledge, skills and experience:
* A thorough understanding of Group policies and good knowledge of IFRS.
* Experience in a reporting or other key finance role within a complex global organisation
* Ability to influence and challenge current thinking at the highest levels through clear, informed and logical argument and discussion
* High levels of cultural awareness, sensitivity and discretion
* Group & BU financial performance and how it can deliver and add value to its customers
* Corporate governance and decision making
* Achieved challenging performance targets
* Coordinating complex annual and long-term budgets and forecasting
* Demonstrated a commitment to continuous learning and development
* Demonstrated technical excellence
* Led and embedded change
* Connect and establish effective, cross-cultural working relationships with all levels of the organisation and externally
* Energy and compassion
* Balance humility and self confidence
* Be forward thinking and able to see the ‘big picture’
* Communicate well with a diverse audience
* Work effectively across different cultures, driving a global mind-set
* Contribute to a climate that delivers on expectations and strengthens relationships
* Prioritise requests from multiple sources
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.