about 1 year ago
Requisition ID :2019-59965
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Finance Operations
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Reporting Manager ro play a critical role in providing the business unit CFO, ELT and also Group Finance with financial information and analysis. Reporting directly to the Director of Group Financial Reporting and Planning, the role also has a reporting line to the BU Financial Controller.
Working closely with the regional finance teams to ensure the Group finance consolidation system is fully completed for the BU in line with the IFRS accounting standards and the Group timetable on a monthly basis, and that the monthly management reporting for the BU is delivered to a high standard. The role is key to delivering the annual budget, mid-year forecast and rolling forecasts for the overall BU in line within timeframe set at Group level.
A key aspect of the role is ensuring that the finance leadership team have the reports and analysis that they require, including both routine reports and ad-hoc analysis.
Skills / Qualifications
* Preparation of the monthly management accounts and BU ELT report including variance analysis and commentary on results.
* Consolidation and submission of the BU flash reports
* Consolidation of the BU annual budget, mid-year forecast and monthly rolling forecasts
* Key BU point of contact for analysis as required by Tax, Treasury, Investor relations and Mergers and Acquisitions teams
* Other ad hoc project work as directed by the Director of Group Financial Reporting and Planning and BU Financial Controller
* Drive continuous improvement in BU reporting
* Set BU reporting calendar
* Manage junior members of the team & ensure they realise their potential
* Internal: Group CFO, Group Financial Controller, Director of Group Financial Reporting & Planning, Director of External Reporting and Accounting, Tax, Internal Audit, Investor Relations, Mergers & Acquisitions, CFO, Financial Controller, Reporting Team, Regional Finance Team, other BU Finance Teams
* External: External Auditors
* Degree qualified
* Further professional postgraduate accounting qualification
Knowledge, skills and experience:
* Group & BU financial performance and how it can deliver and add value to its customers
* Corporate governance and decision making
* A thorough understanding of Group policies and good knowledge of IFRS.
* Significant experience in a reporting or other key finance role within a complex global organisation
* Ability to influence and challenge current thinking through clear, informed and logical argument and discussion
* Ability to manage a developing team
* High levels of cultural awareness, sensitivity and discretion
* Achieved performance targets
* Coordinating complex annual and long-term budgets and forecasting
* Demonstrated a commitment to continuous learning and development
* Demonstrated technical excellence
* Led and embedded change
* Connect and establish effective, cross-cultural working relationships with all levels of the organisation and externally
* Be a core value champion
* Energy and compassion
* Balance humility and self confidence
* Be forward thinking and able to see the ‘big picture’
Ability to :
* Develop individuals to achieve their potential
* Generate trust and credibility with audiences through continuous, open and consistent communication
* Focused on improving quality and effectiveness
* Work effectively across different cultures, driving a global mind-set
* Foster a climate that delivers on expectations and strengthens relationships
* Influence and change the way the BU works, to improve safety standards and behaviours
* Proritise requests from multiple sources
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.