about 1 year ago
Renewable Energy Consultant - Wind Analysis
Requisition ID :2019-61130
Work Location :GB-Lanarkshire-Glasgow
Department / Discipline : Asset Operations & Consultancy
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Renewables / Bioprocess
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Clean Energy are looking to recruit a Senior Renewable Energy Consultant to join their expanding Wind Analysis team based in Glasgow.
This is a client facing role that would suit a highly numerate individual with a diverse set of skills and the initiative to rise to a challenge. The role will involve working on many of the worlds largest wind power projects around the globe and offers the opportunity to gain valuable experience in many aspects of the wind industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking analysis of wind and operational data, including SCADA, to predict the energy output of wind farm projects for a variety of clients, developers, lenders, investors and other project stakeholders.
In addition, review of third party energy yield assessment assessments as part of due diligence assignments will be required. This activity requires a clear and demonstrable knowledge of varied typical energy yield assessment methodologies.
A variety of additional commercial and non-commercial wind analysis based tasks will also be expected to advance and develop Wood’s position as a market leading consultancy in providing wind farm development consultancy services.
* Analysis and interpretation of measured wind data.
* Modelling of wind flow using linear and non-linear wind flow models. Familiarity with Meteodyn and Ansys Wind Modeller software considered as an advantage.
* Calculation of energy yield assessment and technical losses.
* Written and verbal communication of technical detail to a non-technical audience.
* Management of projects and budgets.
* Client interfacing and relationship management.
* Due diligence of third party energy yield assessment reports.
* Awareness of the market and on-going innovation in technology and research.
* Mentoring of junior team members.
Skills / Qualifications
* Previous experience of working in an engineering consultancy/developer environment.
* Three or more years experience in a wind analysis related discipline.
* Software/programming skills (Python in particular) experience are beneficial.
* Excellent communication and reporting skills.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Flexible and proactive approach.
* Willingness to travel (site visits, conferences, meetings).
* Wind flow modelling (Meteodyn and Ansys an advantage).
* Onshore & offshore wind.
* Operational energy yield assessment (SCADA).
* Degree in a highly numerate discipline (e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics, meteorology) - essential.
* Post-graduate qualification in a highly numerate discipline - desired.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.