7 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Technical Director to join our Remediation and Ground Engineering team. This role can be based in any of our main UK offices, including: Newcastle, Knutsford, Reading or London and would report to the UK Remediation and Ground Engineering Director.
* Identify target clients, develop relationships and grow work for the RGE team likely within the industrial/commercial and/or oil and gas sectors in the UK and potentially across Europe.
* Senior level business development role with delivery responsibility directing key projects/accounts.
* Working with the Director of RGE and the Remediation Service Line Lead as part of the wider Remediation Service Line remit to build and grow our remediation and ground engineering business in Europe and the Middle East
* Work with other senior staff within the RGE team to develop new business around the UK – supporting and leading on client development, account management and client meetings as required
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
* Soil and groundwater or ground engineering background with considerable consulting experience delivering projects to multinational clients in the UK and other European geographies
* Experienced in the delivery of complete lifecycle projects through to completion
* Skills, expertise and demonstrable track record of leading client facing business development activities – developing key relationships, leading client account management, track record of growing business, some existing relationships with key MSA type clients would be an advantage
* Experienced in, and aptitude for, leadership and development of winning proposals and major framework bids in the remediation workspace for multinational clients.
* Knowledge and experience of any wider E&I service areas would be an advantage – i.e. permitting, EIAs, any engineering experience etc, experience and track record of cross-selling.
This role will involve travel around the UK, Europe and potentially, on occasion the Middle East. Applicants should be happy to travel when required and hold a full, UK driving licence.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.