about 1 year ago
Requisition ID :2019-38307
Work Location :GB-London
Department / Discipline : Construction
Additional Work Location : GB-Berkshire-Reading
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Additional Work Locations
GB-Berkshire-Reading | GB-Warwickshire-Leamington Spa
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and solution focused individual to join and contribute to our successful and expanding remediation, ground engineering and demolition/decommissioning team within our Built Environment Business Unit. We are seeking to grow our world class team to ensure we continue to deliver the high calibre of service, technical excellence and vibrant solutions for the built environment our clients expect.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Remediation / Demolition Project Supervisor to support our remediation, demolition and civil engineering projects, in Southern/South Eastern England. The role could be based in our London, Reading or Leamington Spa offices, although travel to sites will be required.
* Supervision of remediation and demolition projects on brownfield sites.
* Site work including managing contractors and attending site meetings.
* Monitoring the compliance of the works against the specification, contract and any relevant permissions, consents or licences.
* Managing project Health and Safety on site including preparation of project HSSE plans and method statements.
* Compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures and assure the works are being carried out in a safe manner adhering to site specific risk assessments and method statements.
* Liaise with and maintain a good working relationship with clients
* Identifying technical and / or HSSE related problems on site.
* Detailed record keeping including personnel, plant, volumes (excavation, placement, import, export, stockpiles, H&S, safety discussions, testing records, environmental monitoring, discharge flows/volumes etc.
* Data collection and management including review and interpretation.
* Writing high quality technical reports, including presenting and analysing data.
* Reporting to and assisting the Project Manager with assessments of progress/programme review, risk reduction, early warnings and compensation events and client updates.
* Attend client meetings with the Project Manager.
Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
* Minimum of a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant earth science, engineering, science or environmental subject.
* Demonstrable experience in environmental consulting or contracting in a site-based role delivering brownfield remediation / demolition projects on sites in the UK.
* A full UK driving licence is required.
* Have a track record of self-sufficiency and practical problem solving in a site setting.
* Ability to manage HSSE aspects of site work and to lead the HSSE culture of a project.
* Ability to build effective working relationships with clients, colleagues and contractors.
* Working knowledge of common construction contracts e.g. NEC3 ECC would be desirable.
* Flexibility and willingness to travel, stay away from home and to work across the UK and overseas for specific projects or longer-term assignments.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.