21 days ago
Amey are a service provider who provide a number of Utility Services across public and private sectors. Working with United Utilities, Amey provides maintenance, installation and improvement services across the North of England.
We keep clean water flowing through Britain’s taps, provide safe sewerage facilities, clean up after flooding incidents and install pipes for housing developers through the north west, midlands and south east. Using our specialised machinery and expertise, we have successfully tunnelled 42 miles underground, a distance greater than the length of the Channel Tunnel
You will deliver, set up, and collect Chapter 8 (signs and barriers), and also collect and deliver plant equipment and material within a given geographical area to and from various sites.
What will this role involve?
* Complete tasks in the given time period
* Assist when necessary in recording the required information from site
* Forward on to the coordination team when necessary all precise measurements and locations as the task is completed
* Liaise closely when necessary with the coordination team and line manager
* Ensure that all customer enquiries are resolved in a timely manner and fully satisfy the customer’s requirements
* Manage the customer’s expectations whilst enhancing the customer experience
* Communicate the reasons for our site operations in order to proactively mitigate unwanted contacts to our clients call centres, thus having a positive impact upon our client’s regulatory requirements (i.e. Service Incentive Mechanism)
* To select the optimum techniques in order to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and commuting motorists
* Ensure that the operational area is safe and that you work in a safe manner to make certain that members of the general public are not injured as a result of our works
* Ensure understanding and compliance to understand the Company’s Health and Safety and Quality Policies and to carry out all work in accordance with their requirements
* Report any accidents, incidents, personal injury (no matter how trivial), plant and equipment damage, unsafe acts/unsafe conditions and ‘near misses’ to the line manager and the customer response centre
* Wearing appropriate personal protective equipment and clothing
* Participate in all required training
* To be aware you have the right to reasonably refuse or question the requirement to work in circumstances where you consider that either, your own or another person’s safety may be jeopardised, or where you feel that you are not competent to carry out the task
* Cooperate in the completion of any incident / accident / damage investigation
* Ensure you and all team members work in a safe manner at all times and refrain from taking any unnecessary risk, which could endanger themselves or others
What are we looking for?
* Prerequisite qualifications for relevant trade or skill or demonstrated competence
* Basic electrical safety awareness
* Safe use of hand held abrasive wheels, lorry loader
* The ability to make decisions and provide skills required of this position.
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Time Management
* Interpersonal skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Safety awareness
* People-management skills, experience and natural ability
* Ability to work in confined spaces
* Previous experience of outdoor work
18 days ago
only 10 days until close