about 1 year ago
£Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a newly formed regulation and compliance function, leading the way and supporting the Head of Regulation and Compliance to create a high performing team.
At OVO, we want to make energy simple, but it’s a complicated business. We need someone who can help build compliant ways of working that also make our customers happy. As a fast growing business we need someone who can make sure we keep track of the raft of regulatory changes that will impact our business and remain compliant with all regulations but still be agile and innovative. We are not a company driven simply by short term returns and profit, we believe in our responsibility to society and to the environment, and are determined that our business strategy and company behaviour reflects this commitment.
In this role, you will:
* Lead the development of OVO’s position on key regulatory policy and changes
* Support that development with provision of key analysis, including economic analysis
* Proactively lobby to shape and deliver changes in support of OVOs strategic direction
* Manage OVOs responses to all consultations and RFIs from Ofgem and Citizens Advice
* Build and manage key relationships with Ofgem and EUK
* Support internal teams to manage key regulatory changes, ensuring effective implementation across the business
* Work collaboratively with the Regulatory Compliance team to ensure regulatory changes are effectively implemented and then handed over
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
* Worked in the industry in a similar role
* A deep understanding of all aspects of the energy markets and the challenges currently faced
* Developed a network across the industry with other participants, trade bodies, regulators and policy makers
* The ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders to come to optimum policy positions
* The ability to work at both a macro and micro level to achieve results
* A proven track record on successfully implementing regulatory change
* The flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment and the desire to challenge the status quo
OVO believes in fuelling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all.
We were set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo: we want to be the good guys, find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly. We understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so our people will always share in our success. Our benefits are pretty nice too.
From us you’ll get ...
* A competitive salary with the opportunity to earn a performance based bonus every 6 months
* 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
* 3% matched employer contribution to your pension
* 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
* Flexible working hours
* We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
Please note as this is a future opportunity, we may not be in touch with feedback straightaway.