about 1 year ago
Regulatory Innovation Manager
Regulatory Innovation ManagerSalary: £55k - £65kLocation: National Grid Head Office, Warwick including travel to other sites around the UKBenefits: 28 days holiday + 8 statutory days with option to buy or sell holidays, an annual performance bonus of us to 15% of your salary, generous pension scheme – you put in 6% we will double and match to 12% input, share incentive plans available, various flexible benefit salary sacrifice schemes.
This is a unique opportunity to join the growing Electricity Transmission Innovation Team. In today’s environment, just letting things happen isn’t good enough. Thinking out of the box is not a luxury but a necessity. Intelligent risk-taking is essential. The only sustainable competitive advantage comes from out-innovating ourselves and consistently and tirelessly improving our service to our customer. And that is exactly what the Electricity Transmission Owner innovation team does; it creates the future.
We are now looking for a motivated, proactive engineering manager to lead a team of highly qualified staff who manage a portfolio of innovation projects and work with all parts of Electricity Transmission team to develop and capture new ideas.
The successful candidate should be a team player open to new ideas and capable of driving an innovation culture throughout the organisation. You must have a strong commercial mind-set; understand project management and finances, regulatory arrangements and the development of medium to long-term business cases to drive customer and shareholder value.
About the role
* Manage a comprehensive portfolio of Electricity Transmission innovation projects to scope, time and budget.
* Develop and encourage innovative methods to deliver projects efficiently.
* Lead on the delivery of National Innovation Competition or new technology demonstration projects.
* Translate, develop and support new business processes to deliver innovation.
* Manage and develop relationships with stakeholders (national and international).
* Manage and maintain records of innovation investment governance, regulatory reporting and portfolio risks.
* Proven experience/knowledge or portfolio of innovative projects within the field of engineering;
* Degree or equivalent in science, numerical or management biased subject;
* Experience in writing funding or investment business cases;
* Ability to influence and a catching enthusiasm for innovation;
* Experience in writing technical and business briefs for executive teams;
* Detailed understanding of project and portfolio management skills;
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of complex project or scheme management;
* Proven experience of people management and enabling your team to be the best they can be.
Who we are
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here. We value and encourage diversity of thought, whatever your background. By creating an inclusive, switched-on workforce, we drive performance and deliver excellence. Which is exactly what we need to achieve our vision of creating sustainable energy solutions, for today and tomorrow.
To learn more about working at National Grid and applying for this position, click on the Apply button.