6 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
As part of the Regional Services team, the mission of the Services Delivery group is to ensure first class technical leadership, and production, of all regional services in the portfolio (Implementation and professional services) , meeting customer requirements on time and on budget. It shall be noted that the Maintenance and Support services are managed globally and will not be in the scope of the Regional Services.
To achieve this key mission, the Regional Services Delivery team also closely interacts with other functions, such as Solution Design, Test management for the global services, or Engineering (R&D) and tendering/pre-sales function for the rest of the organization, to bring services delivery expertise to the SWS business and to drive excellence in execution through continuous improvement.
To cover the Europe and Africa region, there are two Services Delivery teams. One is in charge of Distribution and Distributed Energy and Renewables Management Systems (DERMS) segments, the other one in charge of Transmission and Analytics segments. However, synergies and mutualisation are developed between the two teams.
This job posting covers the Distribution and Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (DERMS) segments.
The primary objective is to deliver Product and Services according to customer requirements and contractual obligations, on-time, in budget and with a high level of customer satisfaction. In coordination with the Global Workforce Management function, actively participate to workforce management process.
* Responsible for timely staffing and capacity gaps identification and analysis within team
* Responsible for pro-actively working-out and proposing mitigation and corrective staffing plans
* Actively manage skillsets across the team in order to ensure that the right resource with the right skillsets is made available at the right time
* Contribute to the global strategy for professional services engineers’ workforce location and sourcing
* Drives competitiveness and profitability initiatives related to workforce (team and profiles locations)
* Define and adapt Job Profiles aligned with the delivery needs
* Define and manage training plans to align Delivery team skills matrix with projects needs
* Drive technical expertise in the field of the following domains:
* DMS /Mobile/OMS/DERMS implementations services
* Premium Services
* Third party integration
* Continuous integration
* Champion the transformation initiatives to Reduce lead-time, Improve Competitivity, Improve quality
* Drive excellence in execution through continuous improvement
* Use of the same tools across the geographies (within the region)
* Use of the same common processes across geographies and across Delivery teams
* Lead some, and support some, Cost competitiveness actions (a.k.a. variable cost productivity – VCP)
* Contribute to industrialisation of standards systems. Actively contribute to integration related initiatives driven by Method and Tools
* Responsible for knowledge capitalization and dissemination in the field of implementation services across the solution integration teams to ensure maximum re-usability of practices and documentation across the various geographies. Special focus with dissemination to the ROMEO team
Continuation of Essential Responsibilities:
* Responsible End to end of system integration part of the project
* Contributing to the detailed design of the solution in coordination with the solution design function
* Owner of the configuration management, build and deployment, including integration of customs and management of the customer data models
* Responsible for the integration of the external systems interface
* Responsible for non-functional requirements fulfilment (performance, high availability, cyber security) in coordination with the Global Services CoE (Center of Excellence)
* Responsible for continuous integration and to maintain up-to-date platform configuration in coordination with the Global Services BSF (Brilliant Software Factory)
* Responsible for the specification and integration of work packages from factories (VMs)
* Deliver the test platforms and contribute to the testing execution (FAT/SAT) in association with Global Delivery Centers
* Responsible for system and maintenance documentation
Qualifications / Requirements:
* Master or equivalent knowledge & experience or equivalent
* Experienced People Leader
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
* Proven experience in software engineering or services delivery organizations, with operation (project delivery) background
* Strong background in integration aspects related to computer systems
* Industry knowledge in the field of operation and multi sites project organizations
* Well proven experience in Culture and Process transformation programs
* Process and methodology oriented
* Ability to remotely drive people towards a common goal
Locations: United Kingdom; Livingston