10 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Regional Project Controls Lead specialising in Risk Management for our any of our following UK offices: London, Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Knutsford, or Newcastle. This is a dual role with both business management, SME and service line setting responsibilities.
The principle objectives of this role are to lead and grow Wood's Environment & Infrastructure Project Controls capabilities and teams within their regions and to lead the Risk management specialism nationally. With the aim of growing the E&I professional services business (Project and Programme Services) in line with the vision of the PPS Director and Head of Project Controls.
The Regional Leads and Head of Project Controls form the senior leadership for the Project Controls profession across Wood’s Environment and Infrastructure Europe business and are responsible for all areas of its direction, success and growth.
This role is being advertised in conjunction with a similar role specialising in Planning and Scheduling. A Project Controls Lead is required for each location, London and Leamington Spa (the Leamington Spa Lead will be responsible for Project Controls activities across the South Excl’ London), whilst one SME is required for each specialism.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
The successful applicant will be required to utilise their broader Project Controls and team management skills to lead the regional team. The Regional Project Controls Team Lead will have responsibility for the day to day management of the Project Controls team in their region, they will have responsibility for line management, team development and deployment of resource. They will also be contributing to, or leading on, locally lead sub-national bids, and providing senior resource support and SME to live project delivery.
The second aspect of this role focuses on their professional specialism. As the Risk management SME the successful candidates will be required to share their subject matter expertise nationally leading their subject matter specialism – Owning process, procedure, industry best practice, lessons learned and establishing a CoP to share knowledge and drive professionalism within the Environment and Infrastructure risk management community.
Successful candidate will be based in London and/or Leamington Spa, but required to travel regionally and nationally as per role and project needs.
Skills / Qualifications
Management Skills, Knowledge and Experience
* Proven experience of motivating people, understanding strengths and weaknesses to achieve a high performing team.
* Confident communicator and influencer of stakeholders
* Ability to identify, address and resolve differences between individuals and/or interest groups
* Strong facilitation skills
* Experience of providing consultancy services to clients including client relationship development, bidding, commercial management and conflict resolution.
* Experience in preparing bids for professional services
* Commercial management of services to clients
* Strategic thinker and ability to solve complex problems
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience
* A broad and generalist knowledge of Project Controls, at a level where you can lead the discipline. Fully conversant in controls specialisms:
* Cost Management
* Schedule Management
* Risk Management
* Quality Management
* Related PMO services
* Subject Matter Expertise in Risk Management:
* Advanced risk management
* Risk Management as a consultancy service
* Expert in Industry Best Practice
* Experience in the development of Risk Management Plans
* Schedule quality assurance and Risk Assessment - QSRA
* Expert systems knowledge (@Risk, Primavera Risk Analysis (PRA), ARM, etc)
* Enterprise system specification and ownership
* Service setting, standards and process definition
* Team leadership
* Project Delivery
* Experience in the development of Risk Management Plans
* Exert in the preparing and collating information to support the identification of programme or project risks.
* Experience of facilitating risk identification and assessment workshops with key project team members and stakeholders.
* Expert in analytical techniques to assess risk exposure, including three-point estimates, probability / impact scoring and monte-carlo simulation.
* Experience in defining risk management requirements to be included in service provider contracts, in particular design and technical services and construction contracts.
* Ability to determine most effective approaches to align to the risk management maturity of the programme / project.
* Knowledge of techniques to assess sensitivity and proximity of risks.
* Understanding of approaches to deal with opportunities and threats.
* Knowledge of approaches to present risk exposure information to project owners.
* Ability to use risk management software - @Risk, Primavera Risk Analysis (PRA), ARM
* Experience in the development of integrated project baselines and tracking / controlling performance to achieve delivery of projects to time and within budget.
* Identifying, defining, evaluating, planning, tracking and realising the business benefits of programmes (and/or the projects within them)
* Developing, maintaining and applying quality management processes for project and/or programme and/or portfolio activities and outputs
* Experience in the contribution to the development of project business case and the evaluation of options to satisfy project requirements.
* Experience in the implementation and management of programme/project controls software for scheduling, cost management, risk management and performance reporting.
* Knowledge of value management and value engineering techniques.
* Experience of joint risk management between customers and contractors.
Qualifications and accreditations
* Degree level or equivalent in an engineering, building, quantity surveying, science or business subject
* Risk Management Qualification, for example APM Risk Management, Management of Risk (MoR)
* Membership of appropriate professional institution
* Project Management qualification, for example PRINCE2, APM PMQ (APMP) or RPP
* Membership of Association for Project Management or Project Management Institute
* Programme / Project controls qualifications – scheduling, risk management
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.