23 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity come available to come and join our MOJ team in Lincoln as an regional operations manager. You will be responsible for managing operations and delivering revenue targets within the MOJ Contract. You will typically be responsible for revenue of up to £10m and manage a headcount of up to 50 people.
Job Title: Region Operations Manager
Location: Lincoln Area 30 mile radius
Hours Per Week: 39
What will this role involve?
Finance / Operations
* As required, work with BDs, ADs, managers and AMs to develop annual business objectives, plans and budgets to key account(s)
* Deliver revenue within agreed budgets
* Plan and manage the work schedule for the year.
* Ensure compliance with Health and Safety.
* Ensure teams have a consistent understanding of systems and processes.
* Ensure that all team members operate according to Amey principles.
* Support and contribute to continuous improvement
Customer / Market
* Understand, anticipate and deliver client requirements.
* Support and implement a culture of customer centricity.
People / Organisation
* Manage supplier relationships (often outsourced / sub-contractors)
* Manage direct reports
* Support and reflect the Amey culture within the business
* Ensure a culture of compliance
Role Specific Responsibilities
* Maintain a statutory compliant estate; ensuring all statutory inspections are programmed and completed prior to their expiry date as well as all resulting remedials are actioned.
* Delivery of contract KPIs including delivery of all PPM activities and meeting response maintenance SLAs.
* Ensure full financial recovery of all non-contracted activities.
* Ensure efficient operational delivery to promote a profitable contract for Amey.
* Provide day to day support, and where needed, mentoring for Site Managers.
What are we looking for?
* Able to take and be accountable for decisions within a contract, reflecting the ‘One Amey’ level as appropriate.
* Customer Relationship Management
* IT and Data Analysis skills
* Ability to understand commercial contracts
* Planning and organising
* Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets within a single contract
* Has a clear understanding of contract and related market dynamics
* Experience of working within an agreed budget
* Understanding of relevant health and safety guidelines
* People management experience (desirable)
* Demonstrates developed communication, relationship management and influencing skills
* Understands and upholds Amey values
* Able to implement and support a customer-centric approach
* Able to manage, develop and motivate a team
* Demonstrates the Amey behaviours
* Demonstrates resilience
* Visible felt leadership
* IOSH managing safely
* Environmental awareness for managers
* Behavioural health and safety (VFL)
* Personal Highways safety Medicals - other
Role Specific Requirements
* To be responsible for managing operations and delivering revenue targets within the MOJ Contract. Clear understanding of the requirements to maintain a statutory compliance estate.
* Experience of leading operations across multiple sites; including proactive performance management and agreeing work priorities.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have people management experience.
* Delivered through direct delivery model is desirable.
Mechanical or Electrical qualification desirable.
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.