6 months ago
Regional Operations Director
Job number: UK11765
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Executive Leadership
Region/State: West Midlands
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Regional Operations Director to join our Regional team to work in Solihull.
What you'll be doing
As a Regional Operations Director you will:
* Participate in the development and production of budgets and re-forecasts working with the MD and Commercial Director;
* Oversee the financial performance of those projects under management including appropriate risk management to ensure that financial targets and objectives are met or exceeded;
* Verify project risks to ensure that the accurate information is provided to the MD, Regional and Business Stream Management and to enable management of any risks within agreed and acceptable boundaries;
* Participate in Work Winning providing operational support to the Work Winning Team to ensure that appropriate cognisance is taken of all safety, operational and logistical issues in compiling tender proposals;
* Provide support to the Proposals Team in ensuring that operational components of submissions are produced effectively and reflect the requirements of the projects under consideration.
Who we're looking for
* Have previous experience and a successful track record in Project Management/Operational Delivery within the Build/Civil market, previous accountability for portfolio projects of high value (between £50m - £300m in revenue);
* Have the ability to participate effectively in Work Winning, in addition to the business and strategic acumen needed to manage performance and ensure success;
* Be capable of managing senior individuals across multiple delivery disciplines and have extensive, demonstrable people management experience and a clear understanding of the people implications and people agenda on the success of the business;
* Have financial awareness to achieve financial targets and manage risk and opportunity.
* Have confidence in your ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.