4 months ago
Regional Mechanical Specialist
Fawley, HAM, GB
Job Role Summary
We are currently recruiting for a Regional Mechanical Specialist to join our ExxonMobil Engineering Europe (EMEEL) team. EMEEL is the regional office for ExxonMobil Research and Engineering (EMRE), based at Fawley Refinery near Southampton. The team provides expert technical support and leadership to ExxonMobil and Joint Venture Refining and Chemical facilities covering base operations, turnarounds, and major Projects across Europe and the Middle East.
We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan, private health care for employees and their families and, where applicable, relocation assistance. Onsite facilities, including a gym, make Fawley an enjoyable place to work.
Job Role Responsibilities
The Regional Mechanical Specialist is responsible for providing specialist Mechanical expertise and leadership in the application of engineering standards, advanced fitness for service, risk based assessments, and quality control oversight for existing and new facilities for a broad range of pressure equipment including; reactors, towers, drums, piping systems, heat exchangers, and tankage.
ExxonMobil requires exceptional professional conduct and the highest ethical standards, implicit with sound judgment, integrity and quality.
The key responsibilities are to:
* Provide training and coaching to Plant Engineering personnel
* Take a leading role in the continuous improvement of ExxonMobil engineering standards and technologies.
* Participate in or lead Regional and Global technical networks and action teams
* Have an active role across ExxonMobil and with Industry bodies.
The role is based at our Fawley site, near Southampton, within our EMEEL office. The successful candidate will work with the Equipment Technology Team based in Fawley.
Expected Level of Proficiency
To be eligible for this role, you must:
* Hold a First Class Honors or a 2:1 engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering with 10+ years professional experience, preferably within an operating company or a major engineering contractor (petrochemical, pharmaceutical, power, upstream, or other heavy industry experience). Candidates with less than ten years’ experience, who have a high degree of relevant industry experience will also be considered.
* Be; or be working towards being; a qualified Chartered Engineer, as defined by the Engineering Council UK or equivalent
* Be familiar with industry standards for
* pressure vessels (ASME VIII)
* piping (ASME B 31.3)
* tanks (API 650)
* fitness for service (API 579/BS7910)
Please note, candidates whose experience is predominantly in project management will only be considered for this position where they can demonstrate relevant technical experience.
Candidates should also have demonstrated work experience and / or knowledge of:
* Design specifications for pressure equipment and repairs.
* Installation, turnaround, and maintenance of pressure equipment.
* Analysis and troubleshooting of pressure equipment using industry accepted analysis tools and applications.
* Application of risk based assessments, root cause analysis, and development of equipment strategies and mitigation plans.
Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a diverse team environment.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company's safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.
Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Refinery, Technical Support, Engineering, Research, Energy, Technology