4 months ago
Job ID : 84004BR
Location : United Kingdom - Remote / Field
Regional Market Development Manager EMEA - Industry/OEM
Location: Remote office, EMEA
As a Market Development Manager you are responsible for leading the transformation of global strategy into regionally relevant, inspiring marketing that creates customer value, revenue and growth for the Storage, Filtration and General Lab ware portfolio in EMEA . You will also work collaboratively with all Business Unit Global Market Development Managers to give input to strategy and create regional tactical campaigns, programs and projects that can be deployed in EMEA taking into consideration the needs of the regional markets and commercial organisation.
Regional Market Development – Activities:
* Working closely with the Commercial sales leaders to create campaigns that meet our commercial objectives and that resonate with Customers e.g. for Industry and OEM.
* Negotiate and influence on critical policy-making decisions both within the EMEA leadership team and the Divisional leadership team
* Drive the digital transformation in line with Divisional and Regional objectives
* Regularly interact with customers to make sure the customers experience defines all marketing activities
* Leads segmentation strategy and behavioural marketing
* Attend regular Business Unit (BU) meetings, both Strategic and Marketing, as voice of EMEA and the customer
* Interact with BU Product Management to understand the implications in the region for NPI’s
* Manage the EMEA NPI launch process ensuring value proposition
Nature and Scope:
This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel so it is crucial you have the ability to clearly communicate, verbally and in writing Thermo Fisher Scientific’s value proposition, strategic marketing plans and communications plans. Specifically, this role will be required to interact continuously with Thermo Fisher Scientific’s regional marketing team as well as US-based product management and marketing teams. Effectiveness in this role requires a general knowledge of those operating plans as well as industry practices for developing, promoting and selling similar products/services. Frequent travel may be required also (up to 50%).
Experience and Education:
* A life science bachelor’s degree is preferred (eg. Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry) with a degree or demonstrated experience in marketing/business administration/commercial or related discipline
* Demonstrated ability to work with customers
* Extensive experience in a marketing role including participating in market analysis and planning
* Experience in the life science markets preferred or proven ability to learn about and understand life science applications
* Strong communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary
* Business development skills and cross-functional team experience preferred
What’s in it for you?
This role is an excellent opportunity to work for a world leader in the Science industry and really influence the future strategy of the organisation and its products. Plus we offer many benefits and a competitive remuneration package.
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days – what we do has great purpose. Through passion and teamwork, we share expertise and innovation with our customers to advance technologies and develop meaningful solutions – making a difference in the world.
With Thermo Fisher Scientific, it’s not just a career. It’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.